Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you want

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
As a parent that has a child in an in home day care that doesn't nap or stay quiet with activities while the other napped? I have this 4 year old that doesn't listen to squat. In order to get him to sleep 15 minutes I need to sit next to him until he falls asleep. He always says he needs to go potty so he can get up and walk around yet not go potty. He knows I will never say he can't go. So he milks it.
I'm so over it. I feel he has outgrown my prism about 8 months ago. His mother is due to have a baby next month too.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:16 PM
Tell her you have no place for him as of Febtuary 1st
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:19 PM

If you can't be an adult and tell him no, I guess you're stuck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:22 PM
As a provider I can't refuse the right to go potty.

Because of two children I'm debating closing my doors. I feel like I have reached my limit with the day care.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

If you can't be an adult and tell him no, I guess you're stuck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:22 PM

If you don't feel like it's working out with him in your care give his parents proper notice so they can find another place to bring him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:24 PM
I didn’t have an in home daycare, but I did a lot of babysitting.
After lunch and after doing some cleaning, I’d pop in a movie or read, depending on the age. When mine were little and needed a nap along with the other one I saw, I’d read until they fell asleep. When they all got older and I started watching older kids, I’d put in a movie. If they’re tired, they’d fall asleep. Even if they’re not, they’re expecting to watch it quietly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:24 PM
Give the mother notice to find alternate care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:24 PM
Only reason I have kept him is because no one else takes children his age. All for good reason. Once they hit school age its tough to get day care.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

If you don't feel like it's working out with him in your care give his parents proper notice so they can find another place to bring him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:25 PM
Give the kids who take a nap a reward, the ones who don't get nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:26 PM
He doesn't do quiet. If he did it wouldnt be a problem.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I didn’t have an in home daycare, but I did a lot of babysitting.
After lunch and after doing some cleaning, I’d pop in a movie or read, depending on the age. When mine were little and needed a nap along with the other one I saw, I’d read until they fell asleep. When they all got older and I started watching older kids, I’d put in a movie. If they’re tired, they’d fall asleep. Even if they’re not, they’re expecting to watch it quietly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:26 PM
Have you tried rewards with him? Only asking twice to go potty and he earns something. Then take it down to asking once, then eventually, just the reminder right before nap time?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)