Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Updating as we go at bottom of post** Good vibes and prayers for oldest dd - MRI today

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2018 at 8:58 PM
  • 47 Replies
I need some help and thoughts/prayer for my oldest.

Anyone know about eye problems? Ahh. Trying not to google this. My grandma had a tumor behind her eye and had to have her eye removed.

Sadie (19) for the last couple weeks has spotty vision in one eye. Some areas she has no vision. Some is faded. Some is ok. Just one eye.

Here’s her text to me just about 30 min ago.

“Wanted to update you, we aren’t sure yet on the cause, but we do know is that there is really bad swelling and the pictures they took of the inside of my eye aren’t showing my optic nerve to my brain like they should and are showing bleeding
There are a number of things they are considering so they’re getting me an MRI tomorrow to see if it’s a tumor or something like that that’s causing this”

The areas where there’s no sight is where there’s the most swelling and optic nerve is not visible. Lesser swelling is the faded area. The areas she can see is where there’s bleeding. They told her the fact that there’s only bleeding behind one eye AND also that she’s so young is very concerning to them. They’re treating this as urgent.

**Wed**
We hope to know more this evening. Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers. Just trying to get that all out there for her. All the good energy helps.

**Wed again**
Dang it. She just called and said they rescheduled her for 9am tomorrow. She has another appointment in a few for more tests and will call after that.

**Thurs**
This is going to go on forever.
She got financial aid for her mri. I guess she was worried about that. Her appointment is in an hour, so I’m just going to sit at the restaurant and wait. Still wishing I could be there.

**Mri is done - Now we wait. They said it will be about 24 hours before we know anything. This is stretching on and on! Holy crap!
Thank you everyone for all the positive thoughts.**

**Last update**
They said it’s a Blood vessel blockage in her eye. Dr Google (who is alway so optimistic) calls it an eye stroke. They said to just keep an eye on it.
Does that sound right? There doesn’t seem to be much treatment, but there is some. It seems odd to just say to watch it.

Info I found
https://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/what-is-stroke-affecting-eye
by on Jan. 9, 2018 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Fertile Myrtle on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:50 PM
Bump

Not sure if anyone has dealt with this before.
Damn_Pixi
by Morgie on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:51 PM
Hugs and positive thoughts!
And a bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:52 PM
🙏🙏🙏

Prayers and good vibes for your DD.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:53 PM
I have not dealt with this, but I hope she is ok and that this is something they have treatment for.
Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:54 PM
:(

That's very scary. The only thing I'm familiar with is the optic nerves swelling associated with MS, but that sounds different than this.

Is she still out of state?

I'll be hoping for the best.
kcangel63
by Fertile Myrtle on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:54 PM
Thanks. I’m just trying not to freak out.

Quoting Damn_Pixi: Hugs and positive thoughts!
And a bump
kcangel63
by Fertile Myrtle on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:55 PM
Yeah. She’s still in Utah. She has my inlaws out there with her. I just wish I was too. I’m currently having a momentary breakdown.

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: :(

That's very scary. The only thing I'm familiar with is the optic nerves swelling associated with MS, but that sounds different than this.

ilovemykids323
by on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:55 PM

ooo no... i hope it's nothign major!!! 

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:57 PM
My goodness, I’m so sorry. Can you get out to her soon? I can’t imagine how scary this is for you. Hugs and warm thoughts for you!
Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2018 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. You can message me on FB if you need to talk. I'm well versed in scary medical stuff with kids. :)

Quoting kcangel63: Yeah. She’s still in Utah. She has my inlaws out there with her. I just wish I was too. I’m currently having a momentary breakdown.

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)