Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids are terrified of our house (long post)

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM
  • 141 Replies

My kids are so scared of our house and I am not sure what to do. My daughter has nightmares ever night that someone is trying to kill her, and she will wake up out of a dead sleep every night crying. She wont even go to the bathroom on her own at night. She will wake me up to walk her to the bathroom and shes almost 9. My son isnt much better. He will just cry (real tears just running down his face) that he wont sleep alone and wants to stay in my room. Hes 6 years old. 

There are really odd things that happen in the house. Not saying its necessarily haunted or anything, but odd things do happen. Like me and 4 people were sitting in the dining room at 2am and we all heard a child's foot steps coming down the stairs and they stopped at the bottom. I asked what kid it was and what they wanted, and when no one answered me I got up to check. No one was there. We all heard it very clearly. Also chairs get pulled out, lights get turned on. Once again I am not saying its haunted or that I believe in that kind of stuff, but it is really odd. 

This is my husbands familys house. It was built in 1890 and 3 people have died in it. A little boy fell down the stairs and hit his head on the heat registed on the bottom and died, and both of my husbands parents died from cancer in that house. When my hubbys sister was little she slept in the same room as my son does, and she always talked about this little boy who she would play with. Ive talked to her about it and shes now in her late 30s and still swears that it was true. Their parents even made her go to therapy for it for years. 

Im just not sure what to do or how to get them not afraid of the house. Every night they are both sleeping in my room. They share a room across the hall from me, so they are like 100 feet away but refuse to sleep alone. If I make them stay in the room they will just cry all night that they are scared, come in my room pleading for me to let them sleep with me.  Im considering having one of my friends they dont know come over and do like a clense in my house with my kids to pretend like they are "getting the ghosts out" . Im not sure if it would help or they would take it as mom really does think the house is haunted and get more scared.

by on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavis2k16
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:29 PM
5 moms liked this
You should do a for real cleanse. I wouldn’t do it when the kids are there though. They don’t need to be involved imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:31 PM

I think it's haunted for sure. If they're not mean I'd let them stay. The kids will get used to them I think. I kind of don't think they're going anywhere to be honest. 

ThePoopFace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:33 PM

I have absolutely no clue how to go about something like that. At this point I am exhausted from them keeping me up. I put an extra mattress in my room and I have a recliner so they have a place to sleep, but they keep ending up im my bed. I cant turn them away if they are frightened, you know? 

Quoting MrsDavis2k16: You should do a for real cleanse. I wouldn’t do it when the kids are there though. They don’t need to be involved imo.

Oliviasmom72
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:34 PM

Are your kids watching any scary movies? I would put a stop to that if they are.

I would encourage them to sleep together right now. They are young, who cares. My son occasionally will crawl into his sisters bed. Leave a hallway light on and if they can comfort each othr than go to your room I would take that first.

I would also look into a median or someone that can get rid of the spirits. I agree they shouldnt be there when this is done.

My friend burns sage and incense, she says her house is haunted and her and her kids have heard and seen things. They dont seem to be too afraid though.

You might want to put that mattess by your bedroom door. I would tell the kids they cannot sleep in your bed they must sleep on the matress on the floor if they come into your room.

Other than that I really have no idea what else to do. It is creepy.

Good luck

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd hire somebody to come cleanse the house.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:36 PM
4 moms liked this
You have bad juju in there. Post this in the haunted realm. They will have advice.
ThePoopFace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Neither do I. Its hard to admit that its haunted. I feel like im being childish or something. Weve only been there since September so im hoping the kids relax soon. Everyone is scared of my house, including my babysitter. I just feel so bad for them, and last night I got really frustrated at them and yelled and now I feel worse. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I think it's haunted for sure. If they're not mean I'd let them stay. The kids will get used to them I think. I kind of don't think they're going anywhere to be honest. 

ThePoopFace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Thank you. Didnt know there was a group for that here 

Quoting AmaliaD: You have bad juju in there. Post this in the haunted realm. They will have advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

sage the house in every room that will help

ThePoopFace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 12:38 PM

Thanks for your advice. It is really creepy 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Are your kids watching any scary movies? I would put a stop to that if they are.

I would encourage them to sleep together right now. They are young, who cares. My son occasionally will crawl into his sisters bed. Leave a hallway light on and if they can comfort each othr than go to your room I would take that first.

I would also look into a median or someone that can get rid of the spirits. I agree they shouldnt be there when this is done.

My friend burns sage and incense, she says her house is haunted and her and her kids have heard and seen things. They dont seem to be too afraid though.

You might want to put that mattess by your bedroom door. I would tell the kids they cannot sleep in your bed they must sleep on the matress on the floor if they come into your room.

Other than that I really have no idea what else to do. It is creepy.

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)