Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I’ve got a secret... UPDATE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
1 mom liked this

I’v really been struggling with myself to post this on here.  Some of you are a little rough, but I need to tell someone.  I’ve never told another sole.  My husband’s best friend raped me.  My husband grew up with him.  We were planning a surprise birthday party for my husband’s 50th bday at his house.  He told me he’s always been attracted to me as I was preparing to leave.  I laughed it off and continued gathering my stuff.  He’s that guy that flirts with everyone.  He came up behind and started kissing me on my neck.  I slapped the shit out him.  He got so angry.  We struggled... he won.  I was in shock for a few minutes and then I just head butted him as hard as I could and ran.  I was so glad no one was home when I got home.  I was in shock.  By the time everyone got home, I had just convinced myself it never happened.  I told my husband I walked into a door.  I knew telling him would break his heart, but I also knew my hubby would literally kill him.  Jump forward six months.  My husband’s friend was killed in a car accident.  My husband talks about him and it makes me physically ill.  Reminiscing about what a good friend he was to him and I just sit there with this dumb smile on my face.  It drives me insane, but I feel like telling him now would just be more hurtful for my husband.  I feel like I missed my opportunity to tell him.  I plan on taking this to my grave.

Deep breath.  Confession over.  Judge away.

Udate:  I told my therapist what happened.  She helped me come to the realization, I had to tell him.  Kids were gone this weekend, so I did.  He was very hurt.  Not for the asshole, but for me.  He was upset I didn’t tell him when it happened, but he understood.  We talked and cried Friday and Saturday.  I feel so much better.  And we’re ok.  He handled it amazingly.  He knew I was going through something, but he said he was letting me tell him on my own time.  I love him even more.  Thank you all for the support.  We can actually start to heal now.

Update....

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your support.  It means so much.  I actually feel a little better.  I’ll keep you posted with how my therapy is going.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyH87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that happened to you, but I cannot understand letting the bastard get away with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree that telling now would be more hurtful. I think you are doing the right thing for your DH. (All y’all, go ahead and bash me too, I won’t reply.)

I’m so sorry that happened to you. Hugs.
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM

I understand. I'm sorry you went through that.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM
7 moms liked this
Im sorry that happened to you.
But I would have told dh then helped him dismember and get rid of the body
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That really sucks. I would have told my DH initially, but in your current situation, I would not.
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know how you can keep that to yourself, that's heavy. Have you seen a therapist at least?
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM

No judging from me.  I am sorry that happened to you and sorry you felt you couldn't tell anyone.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Hindsight is 20/20

Quoting Sassy762: Im sorry that happened to you. But I would have told dh then helped him dismember and get rid of the body

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:52 PM

Quoting EmilyH87: I'm sorry that happened to you, but I cannot understand letting the bastard get away with it.

I really regret it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2018 at 12:52 PM
I would have killed that man myself.

But I agree that telling your DH would be pointless at this moment in time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)