Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't think the cops could see me!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I live across the street to the police station. Apparently their outside cameras pick up my driveway. I had no idea until yesterday when I fell. It was a skating rink and I was walking (carefully) to the mailbox when the fucking asshole dog got excited about a fucking squirrel and took off. He was beside me and his ass slipped put from under him when he tried to run and he knocked me down. He's about 160lbs.
The pain in my elbow exploded as it hit the pavement and I just sat and cried for a second. The next thing I know, two officers are running over from the station. I guess the dispatcher saw me fall and told them.
They helped me get get my purse and stuff and the dog in the house and then they drove me to urgent care.
I have a broken elbow and a severely sprained ankle.
I'm very grateful for that dispatcher and the officers. It would have been really painful to get myself up and to the Dr.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2018 at 7:23 AM
Replies (101-110):
GrayDuck41
by on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE this!  It is so encouraging and so positive!  Thank you for posting it!

I hope your elbow heals quickly and that you won't fall again!  I know how that feels. My dog puled me forward on his leash and I slipped on ice too, bruising my back. Ouch. Nobody saw me, though.

Thanks again!  It is so nice to see a GOOD post here!

you rock

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:29 PM
Send them a fruit or some kind of gift basket. That was so nice of them.
stargazerwolf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 7:38 PM

That's great that they cared enough to help! You actually are lucky because if you ever get robbed or anything stolen from the front of your house, you have it on video, police video. Hope you are ok! There is so much bad stuff out there about cops, its good to hear nice stories. I have only ever had help from cops. Once with a blown tire and once when I spun out on slush on the road (that was actually Thursday) and I literally almost hit a semi and got hit by one, I came so close to a bad accident but I ended up fine. The cop who saw me spin out pulled over the check that I was ok and my car was ok.

Tawneekitn
by on Jan. 14, 2018 at 3:13 AM

Wow, well it is cool that they came right over to help you.  They sound like very nice officers.    It is a good thing they could see you, no telling how long you could have been there without help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2018 at 5:53 AM
We had pizzas delivered yesterday and my kids picked out cupcakes from the store to bring over. (We were going to bake, but someone said they may not be able to accept homemade treats) it was a big hit. My 10yo even picked up a treat for the police dog. Lol!

Quoting Anonymous 20: Send them a fruit or some kind of gift basket. That was so nice of them.
cookiemonster77
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:13 PM

Oh man, we’ve had crazy things happen in the front yard. Glad no one is monitoring us :) bad enough my husband sometimes catches mine and the kids antics on our own cameras.

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM

My uncle was a cop and at their precinct they weren't allowed to eat anything homemade because there was always a chance someone had done something to it.  They couldn't even hand them out to the homeless because of the risk.  It always made him so sad to have to dispose of delicious looking goodies. They loved having takeout show up out of the blue, though.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's a good idea. They've taken homemade stuff from us before but who knows if it actually got eaten, kwim? Ordering a few pizzas for the station is a great idea!
Quoting PoplarGrove:

Buy them something from the store that's in a sealed container.  They often aren't allowed to keep anything home made because you never know if someone put something in it.  Or order them pizza one night.  

Quoting halleys_mommy_1: As I would make them some goodies as soon as I was able. Or id get then from the store lol. That was sweet of them

StonesGirl66
by Alexandra on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:01 AM
Feel better.

Umm that's a little creepy to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:38 AM

no it isn't

Quoting Southern_Song: That would bother me. That's illegal. It's illegal surveillance of private property.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:57 AM
So your thing is lying about your life and making up laws too? Lol! GTK.

Quoting Southern_Song: That would bother me. That's illegal. It's illegal surveillance of private property.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)