Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't think the cops could see me!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I live across the street to the police station. Apparently their outside cameras pick up my driveway. I had no idea until yesterday when I fell. It was a skating rink and I was walking (carefully) to the mailbox when the fucking asshole dog got excited about a fucking squirrel and took off. He was beside me and his ass slipped put from under him when he tried to run and he knocked me down. He's about 160lbs.
The pain in my elbow exploded as it hit the pavement and I just sat and cried for a second. The next thing I know, two officers are running over from the station. I guess the dispatcher saw me fall and told them.
They helped me get get my purse and stuff and the dog in the house and then they drove me to urgent care.
I have a broken elbow and a severely sprained ankle.
I'm very grateful for that dispatcher and the officers. It would have been really painful to get myself up and to the Dr.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2018 at 7:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Yes. They were very sweet.

Quoting momtoBrenna: I hope you feel better but that is awesome service from the cops.
Anonymous
Thank you!

Quoting AnnieGoolaheey:

Well that was nice! I hope you heal quickly.

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting canna_perks: Crazy!!! I'm glad they helped you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Umi12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 9:58 AM
Ouch! Im glad they helped you. That could have been much more difficult like you said. Hope you feel better.
romangio12
by QueenAztec on Jan. 12, 2018 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh dear that sounds so painful. Hoping you heal fast. Thank goodness for the police. What happened to your dog after all that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
We put him in the house before they brought me to the Dr.

Quoting romangio12:

Oh dear that sounds so painful. Hoping you heal fast. Thank goodness for the police. What happened to your dog after all that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 10:02 AM
Thank you!

Quoting Umi12: Ouch! Im glad they helped you. That could have been much more difficult like you said. Hope you feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Out by the mailbox is town property.

Quoting Southern_Song: That would bother me. That's illegal. It's illegal surveillance of private property.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 10:04 AM
Why? It dossnt bother me for one second that some of my driveway in on their surveillance why inbthe world would that bother you?

Quoting Anonymous 4: I think it would depend where she fell, between the side walk and street is considered public in most places. But I would want to know how much of my driveway was being filmed.

Quoting Southern_Song: That would bother me. That's illegal. It's illegal surveillance of private property.
MSMOUSE0519
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

What a sweet story. Glad that you got the help you needed. I woudl right them a thank you card and send a thank you basket of some sort. You don't get that kind of service very much anymore these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)