Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where would your 7 yr old have more fun?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I’m in full on party planning mode for my dd’s 7th birthday party. I refuse to have 15 plus kids in my house and dd wants her party at ALL the places. So help me decide. (All of these party venues are roughly the same price)

- Bouncy House Place. Small area (used to be a store in our mall) with 10 full size bouncy houses. All different shapes and sizes. 3 hour party. 1 1/2 hour bouncing and 1 1/2 hour in the party room eating/opening presents. We have to bring in our own cake but they have discounts if we buy food from the mall. Decorations are included.

- Fun City. At a local hotel. 3 hour party. 1 hour in party room, 1 hour in water park and 1 hour in the arcade (each kid gets 5.00 in arcade tokens) cake and pizza included in price. We can bring in our own decorations.

- YMCA Pool Party. 3 hour party. 2 hours in the pool, 1 hour in the party room. We bring our own food and decorations.

- City Gym. 2 hour party. The kids can play basketball, soccer, the staff sets up one bouncy house, the kids basically run around the gym for two hours. There’s no separate party room and we can’t bring in outside food other than a cake and no decorations are allowed.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkles591
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM
Bouncy House Place
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM
Fun City
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:55 PM
Bouncy house place, for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:55 PM
Probably Fun City, but I prefer to keep the party short. Lucky for us there's a gymnastics center in town that allows you an hour and a half birthday party. One hour running around the gymnastics center, and a half an hour for a cupcake and presents.
Savmaralamommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:56 PM
I would do the bounce house idea. I stay away from pool/water park/beach parties in general unless a parent is willing to stay. 15 kids is a lot of kids to be keeping an eye on around water. I realize there are lifeguards but still....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:56 PM
We’re doing DS’s 7th birthday at a bounce house place. Kids freaken love it and it’s organized so you can be pretty hands off.
alexsmommy51405
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:56 PM

Bouncy House. It's a blast even for adults!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM

YMCA pool.  My DD loves to swim.

mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM
Bouncy House
Bmat
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM

The Y sounds like the most fun for the children. The Bouncy house allows 1 1/2 hours in the party room, but opening presents and eating won't take half that time.

Probably 3 hours is too long anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)