Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas please..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
DD is turning 16 next month. I need ideas for her Sweet 16. Have any of yall planned one before and if so what did you do for your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM

None of my 3 kids had a sweet 16... I dont think it is a big thing here.

I know it is a HUGE thing where sil lives on the east coast.

sorry Im no help

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM
Thank goodness I have boys.....here's a bump for you
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:59 PM
We did a weekend trip with her BFFs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:59 PM

Oh but I will add that I am always a huge proponent of experiences over things.  So for me the money spent on a big sweet 16, I might offer up a weekend trip for dd and a few friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM
I actually thought about that, too. I am not big on spending lots of money on an over the top party either but I would like to do something since it is kinda a milestone birthday!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Oh but I will add that I am always a huge proponent of experiences over things.  So for me the money spent on a big sweet 16, I might offer up a weekend trip for dd and a few friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM
Where did they go?

Quoting mollyk124: We did a weekend trip with her BFFs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Oh... maybe I misunderstood.  My kids all had bday parties of sorts... but not the full on sweet 16, ballroom at a hotel, dj, formal dresses ect.  I thought that is what you meant by a sweet 16.  

Oldest did a nice dinner out

Son did a small beach camping trip

Youngest did a pool party with music (no dj)

Quoting Anonymous 1: I actually thought about that, too. I am not big on spending lots of money on an over the top party either but I would like to do something since it is kinda a milestone birthday!
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM
Spa day for her and a few friends. Facials and a mani pedi. Then go out to eat. And end with a sleepover with tons of movies and junk food. Maybe even in a hotel suite. With u in the next room of course.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:06 PM

Mine aren't old enough yet, but my BFF's ODD did one 2 years ago.  They smoked 2 different kinds of meat in the smoker, made a few different sides, and had a choice of 2 different desserts.  There were like 20 people there.  The boys all went home, but the girls stayed the night.  We  had a great time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:06 PM
Yea I am not that crazy. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Oh... maybe I misunderstood.  My kids all had bday parties of sorts... but not the full on sweet 16, ballroom at a hotel, dj, formal dresses ect.  I thought that is what you meant by a sweet 16.  

Oldest did a nice dinner out

Son did a small beach camping trip

Youngest did a pool party with music (no dj)

Quoting Anonymous 1: I actually thought about that, too. I am not big on spending lots of money on an over the top party either but I would like to do something since it is kinda a milestone birthday!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)