Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dh wants me to give up everything I own to prove my love to him.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 189 Replies

My Dh has two daughters who he doesn't have custody of and they live across the country.

I have one daughter that I do have custody of. 

We moved across the country away from his daughters, a move that I paid for with my money, because he wanted to live in a weed legal state. 

Anyway, he had a job when we got here, quit it, I got a job bartending while he grew marijuana plants but it wasn't paying the bills (our rent is over 1200 for a 2bd) so I insisted he get a real job and he did as a car salesmen but he lost it after day 3 for not going in. We had a big fight and he left and took his car and drove to his moms in mississipi. All of this happened mid november. 

He left me with rent and all the bills and I had no Christmas money. 

Anyway it's January now and we've been talking and he wants to come back and stay in our apartment but not BE together mostly because I don't want to but I need the help paying bills, I'm drowning and I can't afford everything. 

Dh said that when he gets back he wants me to clean out my Dd's room and move her into my room so that he can have it then he said that in order to prove to him that I really want to try and make this work that he wants me to sell my couch and tv (that I dont even have paid off) and basically all my stuff because he thinks I need to downsize.

I said yes to the bedroom but I said no to selling my stuff and he said that he didnt really want me to sell my stuff he just wanted to see if I would as proof to him of what it is I don't know. 

So basically he wants me to prove myself to him, he still wants me to sell my stuff, he wants me to give up my daughters room so he can have it, but he doesnt want to be together. 

I want to leave him and get a house just for my daughter and I for less money and leave him with the expensive apartment.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:39 PM
26 moms liked this
He threw a tantrum and left and you need to prove yourself to him???

You are better without him
djsmommy13
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:39 PM
8 moms liked this
Do not let him move back in! If he wasn't helping you before and just left he's going to do it again.
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Leave him
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:41 PM
4 moms liked this
Iā€™d be SO gone with my kid. He sounds crazy.
Mrs.ChuckBass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:41 PM
12 moms liked this

damn girl you must be REAL thirsty f you let that loser back in!

some special kind of stupid!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:41 PM

He got his job back from when we first moved here and starts when he gets back.

Quoting djsmommy13: Do not let him move back in! If he wasn't helping you before and just left he's going to do it again.

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:42 PM
3 moms liked this

You would be insane to let him back in. Tell him to stay where he is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:42 PM
5 moms liked this

It would be in your best interests to quickly create your own living situation that does not include him in any way shape or form.  You'll do great on your own, you are definitely stronger and smarter than you realize.

Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:43 PM
11 moms liked this
Tell the bum to fuck off. I dated someone like that in college, they aren't worth shit. It's shitty to make your dd to give up her room for a pot head loser. Please be a better mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2018 at 3:43 PM
9 moms liked this
You're being pathetic if you let him move in. They can come after both of you for the apartment if you are in the lease regardless of if he's the last there.

You should have know he was a big loser from the start. He abandoned his kid to smoke weed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)