Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do embarrassing things always happen to me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Went to my DH's job party today. Got all dressed up and turned out my stockings (the black on top of the stockings) were showing under my skirt. First time they all saw me and that's what they will remember about me. So embarrassed.
That's why I don't like to go anywhere. Every time I dress up something like that happens.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2018 at 12:34 AM
Replies (81-84):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:20 PM
Girl I’m the same way I’m so sorry. Just try to not think about it. Personally I can’t turn it off every time I shower all I think about is every embarrassing moment of my entire 31 yrs of life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:04 AM
- there is a coping skill for this negative historical narrative in your head that pops up during times like your shower or when you are going to sleep... a type of. cognitive behavioral therapy called dialectical behavior therapy—.

Quoting Anonymous 23: Girl I’m the same way I’m so sorry. Just try to not think about it. Personally I can’t turn it off every time I shower all I think about is every embarrassing moment of my entire 31 yrs of life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:41 AM
I agree, that makes it worse on me too.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know I'm socially awkward :). Embarrassing things happen to me all the time, especially when I'm so excited to go somewhere or meet someone.

Quoting Anonymous 20: I have embarrassing things happen to me all the time.
To the point where I actually avoid going places.
My son told me he thinks I'm socially awkward.
Shadylady33
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:42 AM

My friend was the youngest solier to take command of a unit on Fort Sill, I dressed in a tweed skirt, silk blouse, stockings, heels.  Then I promtly slid down a flight of stairs with my skirt ending up around my hips!  I feel ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)