Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i be evicted for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 315 Replies
My downstairs neighbor keeps putting complaints into the property manager.
What he is complaining about is noise from my dd.
1 or 2 times a week my oldest will wake up and cry out for me. That's what he complains about.
I explain that it's my oldest and i can't help it. Im told that im in a lease violation and this can't continue.
So me explaining what is happening doesnt matter.
She use to do this 6 days a week BEFORE we moved here. Now it is 1 or 2 times a week and her crying last maybe 30 seconds to 1min. That's how long it takes me to get to her.
I figured out her bedroom is above his but i know it isnt waking him because he works 2nd shift and doesnt sleep till 6am.
I have the smaller room so switching her isnt an option and i think if it was that would warrant more complaints because im normally up till midnight watching tv or working out.
I have tried talking to him a few times and he just dismisses me and tells me to keep it down.

Edit.

Dd has nightmares, that's why she is doing this.
She is already in therapy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2018 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Send him some earplugs. Seriously that's what it's like to live on the bottom floor of an apt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 6:56 AM
5 moms liked this
It is prob more than just 30 sec of crying that is making him complain.
Babyberry000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is prob more than just 30 sec of crying that is making him complain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:02 AM
It isn't. The walls are paper thin.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is prob more than just 30 sec of crying that is making him complain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:03 AM
No it isn't. The walls are paper thin. All she does is cry out for me and sobs till i get into her room.

Quoting Babyberry000:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:05 AM
So that is your reply if you get evicted. The walls are paper thin and the toddler used to cry 6x a week but now it is less and it is only for 30 sec. There is your 'I can't get evicted now's excuse.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It isn't. The walls are paper thin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Toddler? She's 6. All she does is cry out for me and sobs till i get to her which doesnt take long at like i said 30seconds to a min.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So that is your reply if you get evicted. The walls are paper thin and the toddler used to cry 6x a week but now it is less and it is only for 30 sec. There is your 'I can't get evicted now's excuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Too old for that, tell her to cut it out. And you have to be more honest.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Toddler? She's 6. All she does is cry out for me and sobs till i get to her which doesnt take long at like i said 30seconds to a min.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So that is your reply if you get evicted. The walls are paper thin and the toddler used to cry 6x a week but now it is less and it is only for 30 sec. There is your 'I can't get evicted now's excuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:08 AM
4 moms liked this
Why I like living in my Country, kids being kids is not a violation of anything, it’s called apartment living and normal noise. A landlord here will tell the complaining tenant to move if they don’t like it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 7:08 AM
How do you know what time the other tenant goes to sleep? Did he tell You? You may need to get some help with your daughter or you may be looking for new tenancy elsewhere.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)