Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random CPS calls -- THINK ABOUT THIS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
7 moms liked this
You do NOT call them unless you sincerely believe the parent you are calling on should have their child/children removed and placed into foster care. You don't call them to check on somebody's home. You don't call them to give someone advice. You call if there is clear evidence of abuse or severe neglect, AND you are sure of that. Period. They are there to take your children, and they get paid thousands for each child placed into foster care. In foster care, many are placed in REAL abusive situations. Many are molested. Some are even killed. Imagine yourself a child in a struggling but loving home, where there is food, even if it's not the best food you want. Imagine one day coming home from school, where you are suddenly snatched up by a strange woman and taken from your home. Doesn't matter if you tell the person you want to go home with your mother. They place you from foster home to foster home. And it could be devastating.
It happened to my best friend.

It's a well known FACT that 90% of the kids they get are from low income homes. No trouble in middle or high income homes? OR, maybe CPS knows that low income parents don't have the money to hire a good attorney or the resources to fight them.

Think next time you hastily make that call to CPS and ask yourself if that's really the best thing to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2018 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:01 AM
I've never called them for anything and never had a visit and my kids are adults.
So here's a bump.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:01 AM
16 moms liked this
I'm a social worker and mandated reporter, it is not my role to investigate for sure if abuse or neglect is happening, it is my obligation to report suspected abuse or neglect
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:02 AM
I would never call cps for anything except abuse. You don't have to convince me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:04 AM
No.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

STFU

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed

I was raped in foster care. Cps ruins lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:06 AM
I'm so sorry. They destroy families. :(
Quoting Anonymous 5: Agreed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:06 AM

SO HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF YOUR'E SUPPOSED TO CALL OR NOT?  ACCORDING TO OP, NO ONE SHOULD CALL UNLESS THERE'S PROOF -  YOU GONNA WAIT FOR PROOF OF ABUSE BEFORE CALLING?  

Quoting Anonymous 4: I would never call cps for anything except abuse. You don't have to convince me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:07 AM
6 moms liked this

What you're not addressing in this post OP, is the spiteful bitches who call out of spite...

THEY are who your'e talking to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:08 AM
They do.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm so sorry. They destroy families. :(
Quoting Anonymous 5: Agreed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:08 AM
I agree with you!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: No.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

STFU

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)