Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like not talking to my sister any longer.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
My sister came over with with her DD today. I had my 2 kids and my brother's 2 kids. 5 kids all together. I put My nephew with my DS, in one bad, give my sister and her DD my DD's room (bed) and put the air mattress in my DS's room for my DD and my other niece. My sister's DD (almoust 7yo) wanted to sleep with her mother, but than she changed her mind and thought it's going to be " more fun" to sleep with my DD (8yo) and my niece (6yo). My DD and my niece didn't like that, because it's really not enough space for 3 kids. They were very uncomfortable.
My sister got mad at the kids and me, she packed her stuff and left, at 12am. I told her that she can never come back in my house again.

We always were super close, but she's crazy about her DD. She's the only child and my sister is a single mom. My niece can't even dress herself or wipe her own butt, AT 6YO, because my sister does everything for her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:51 AM
Why did your sister get mad? Feels like a piece of the story is missing..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, that sounds like an overreaction on her part. I'm not sure that you should stop speaking to her over it though. Maybe just take a break from her for a little while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:53 AM
She got mad because her DD wanted to sleep with my DD and my nice and the kids didn't want her too, because they "were squished" (their worlds) and I asked my sister if she can sleep with her DD is my DD's room like it was planed. She feels that I had to make the kids to share their airmattress with her DD.
I can't even understand why it was an issue. It's just plain stupid.

Quoting maliksmama2: Why did your sister get mad? Feels like a piece of the story is missing..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

OK   So your  sister  acts  juvenile and butthurt   over her DD   so you  turn around and act juvenile  as well?    You   could have said... I wish you wouldn't go   but I understand you're upset.  I still  love you.   

Just wondering.   Could you have taken  one of your DDs in bed with you   to maybe   give your sister a break   from   her DD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:56 AM
I love her, but it's frustrating. When all the kids get together she makes them play whatever her DD want to play and how she want to play. She always says that our kids (our brother's and mine) are so cunning and her FD is so nice and naive, which is not true. They all are different.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah, that sounds like an overreaction on her part. I'm not sure that you should stop speaking to her over it though. Maybe just take a break from her for a little while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Apparently, drama is a genetic trait. Why are both of you so juvenile?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:57 AM

sounds like a nightmare everyone up at midnight complaining

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:59 AM
That does sound frustrating. Unfortunately people are allowed to parent their children however they choose. (Even it it's really stupid sometimes!)

Quoting Anonymous 1: I love her, but it's frustrating. When all the kids get together she makes them play whatever her DD want to play and how she want to play. She always says that our kids (our brother's and mine) are so cunning and her FD is so nice and naive, which is not true. They all are different.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah, that sounds like an overreaction on her part. I'm not sure that you should stop speaking to her over it though. Maybe just take a break from her for a little while.
bonnie333
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this
6 or 7? And why couldn't they just make a bed on the floor. You were being an ads leaving her out. Kids change their minds often. And of course the kid wants to sleep with the other kids. If you were close you would have talked to your sis about babying her kid not on here talking behind her back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:03 AM
The only reason my sister stayed over is because she thinks that her DD can't sleep without her which is not true. She slept over before and she was just fine. She likes all the lights to be on and she likes to play with someon's lips (which is hurtful) when she falls asleep. I don't let her do that, so that's why my sister stayed over.

I always closed my eyes on that and tried to make her DD happy at all times, only because I love my sister and didn't want her to get upset. I can't do this anymore. My kids starting to resent my sister's DD, because they feel like they can't play or do anything they want and have to please her at all times. They are only 1-2 years older than my sister's DD, they should try to make her happy.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

OK   So your  sister  acts  juvenile and butthurt   over her DD   so you  turn around and act juvenile  as well?    You   could have said... I wish you wouldn't go   but I understand you're upset.  I still  love you.   

Just wondering.   Could you have taken  one of your DDs in bed with you   to maybe   give your sister a break   from   her DD?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)