Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The School Is Mad at Us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

For three months, I patiently worked with my child's school to resolve how he was being bullied and ostracized. These three months were filled with broken promises by school staff. For the sake of my child's self-esteem and personal safety, I finally enrolled him in a private elementary school.

His former public school contacted me this past week demanding to know where he's been for the last month. It took a full month for them to notice that he's gone. When I told them I had enrolled him in a private school, they were very upset that I had not told them I was doing that because now they would lose the state funding for him. 

At this point, I said, "Tough sh*t. He's not a student at your school anymore. Good day." 

There's only so much abuse a person can take. 

ETA: I wrote the district a letter telling them I was unenrolling him. Either they didn't read it or they lost it or an employee ate it. I really don't know. I did my part and notified them. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaylyn82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:27 AM
Didn't his new school need his records?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
How did you enroll him in one school without discharge papers from the first school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:28 AM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:30 AM
His new school didn't request records from his old school?

Are you sure the new school is fully certified, it seems really odd to me that the old school wouldn't have the full transfer info from the new one.
Blinkylights
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:33 AM
Never heard of a school being able to enroll a kid without their records.
thebailiffs
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:34 AM

I hope the proper people read the letter so other students don't experience these issues. 

Southernmom924
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Bullshit. No school would tell you that they don't want you to enroll him in private school due to loss of funding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:42 AM
I have. Private schools don't receive government funds per student, so they aren't subject to the same red tape in that regard.

Quoting Blinkylights: Never heard of a school being able to enroll a kid without their records.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:51 AM

Good for you Momma!  You did what you needed in the best interest of your son. I'm sorry your son is going through what he went through. I felt very ostrasized as a child from when I was in Grade School, and through my adolecent years all the way through the 12th grade as I never fit in with my peers and it hurt on a daily basis. I don't really have any good Scholastic memories from my scholastic years. I still feel Ostrasized even in society as an adult to this day.

As for the Public Schools, I don't think Public Schools do enough to protect innocent kids from Bullying and it's sickening and sad. I also honestly believe in my opinion that our public schools look at our kids as just another number to the school system, because for state enrollment purposes as that's how they get their funding per child.

Anyway, Good Luck to your son and you!

hugs

Blinkylights
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:51 AM
The ones here require records, has nothing to do with funding.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I have. Private schools don't receive government funds per student, so they aren't subject to the same red tape in that regard.

Quoting Blinkylights: Never heard of a school being able to enroll a kid without their records.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)