Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rumors at work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Rumor has it they may be adding a new position pretty soon. It's basically like a shift leader but not in a supervisory capacity. If this is true it will likely be an 8 hour shift Monday through Friday. Or Sunday through Thursday even. I'm playing with the idea of trying to get a night shift spot. It's also a $2 per hour raise. If the position is eliminated you go back to your previous position.
Currently I work 12hr shifts and the nights rotate. Sat, sun, mon, thurs, fri, tues, wed, sat.... and so on. Last semester was really hard in school because I worked this schedule and spent 2-4 hours in class Monday through Thursday.
I may be getting way ahead of myself but i need to start considering this because if I want it I have to show interest immediately. The only thing I lack as far as qualifications is a penis so I may actually have a shot here.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:36 AM
Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:37 AM
Career wise: could be a good move. More responsibility and I'm looking to move into a higher position once I graduate.
Lifestyle: this will change everything but I don't know if it will be a good or bad change. It would open up my schedule I suppose. Possibly no days off though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:44 AM
Thanks. I'm not ready to actually talk to anyone about it yet. I haven't told dh that this is a thing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:50 AM
Feel it out and just keep doing well until you’re ready.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. I'm not ready to actually talk to anyone about it yet. I haven't told dh that this is a thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:04 AM
I'll try. I know it's not even a for sure deal at the moment but I missed a couple of opportunities due to favorism and not "putting my name in the hat" so to speak. I did speak up, but it was too late and people were already chosen. The management team that did shady stuff like that is all gone now though.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Feel it out and just keep doing well until you’re ready.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. I'm not ready to actually talk to anyone about it yet. I haven't told dh that this is a thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:21 AM
When will you spend time with your family? When will you have time to yourself? Are you not concerned you will get burned out?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Career wise: could be a good move. More responsibility and I'm looking to move into a higher position once I graduate.
Lifestyle: this will change everything but I don't know if it will be a good or bad change. It would open up my schedule I suppose. Possibly no days off though.
angela.barlow
by Ange on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:30 AM
Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:31 AM
I don't get any of that with my current schedule. I don't know yet which schedule would allow for more time. Currently I get entire days off and every other weekend is a 3 day weekend for me. However; I go entire days without sleep so often those days off are spent sleeping, doing homework, and doing housework.
I'm trying to figure out what would be best for me to finish my degree and start a career path. Of course I'm concerned about everything but it's the only way to make a change.

Quoting Anonymous 3: When will you spend time with your family? When will you have time to yourself? Are you not concerned you will get burned out?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Career wise: could be a good move. More responsibility and I'm looking to move into a higher position once I graduate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:32 PM
Thanks. I don't even know if this would be a good idea or not.

Quoting angela.barlow: Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 6:19 PM

A penis is not a qualification. Talk to the boss and let them know your interested in the new position and why.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)