Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sounds like a money grab

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I’m part of a group on Facebook and the two owners hold monthly raffles where you give them a set amount of money and then they pull a number and whoever has that number gets the entire pot.

Except they allow the owners to get free numbers because of the work they do on the site and to do the raffle....and when you send the money via PayPal you have to send it as you would to friends and family. You can’t send it like you would to a company you’re buying something from.

Well now one of the owners has an unexpected death in the family and they are now asking us to donate money to her to “help her through this rough time”

Am I the only one who thinks the entire thing is odd?

Let me clarify, I don’t participate in the drawings and never will. I joined the group because it’s a medical group.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:21 AM
Sounds like a scam. I wouldn't participate in the drawing any more.
Malissa1578
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:22 AM

It sounds like a scam to me. I would never be in a group like that and if a group I am in now did something like that I would not be in after seeing that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM
I’ve never participated in the drawing and never will, sounds way to fishy for my tastes.

The group itself is good, that’s why I joined.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sounds like a scam. I wouldn't participate in the drawing any more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM
I am tempted to leave but it’s a worldwide group and I’ve got info I needed from it.

Quoting Malissa1578:

It sounds like a scam to me. I would never be in a group like that and if a group I am in now did something like that I would not be in after seeing that. 

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM

They do this a lot in the Torrid group I am in. I never participate. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM
Really? I’m in several torrid groups and I haven’t seen that, which one are you in?

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:26 AM
Total scam. I’ve seen warnings on FB saying that things like that are a scam. That and the women’s Christmas gift exchange thing I see every year. Scam too. I’d leave the group.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:29 AM

Ha, not saying that on here. People like to go look & get all up in your business.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really? I’m in several torrid groups and I haven’t seen that, which one are you in?
Quoting JalynSpoon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:31 AM
Can I send you a pm?

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Ha, not saying that on here. People like to go look & get all up in your business.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really? I’m in several torrid groups and I haven’t seen that, which one are you in?

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:36 AM

doesn't even sound legal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)