Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a waste of food in your house?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I have a friend and her bf staying with us for a few weeks, they’re just visiting to visit. Anyways.... her bf seems to have some weird food issues and keeps making comments about how wasteful our family is towards food.

Do this morning I made Bacon and tomato sandwiches, extra things on the side like cheese, lettuce, onions and even fried up some eggs ( my kids like eggs on theirs) he said it was such a waste to cook bacon to put on toast and that people don’t waste food like that in his family.
The other day the boys wanted tomatoe and mushroom soup, sometimes I have homemade but I haven’t made any this month do Campbell’s it was. The bf again blew his top and said using milk was such a waste and we should be using water ( 🤢🤮) he’s made other weird comments like I made 5 minute fudge, he said using pb like that was a waste.. I’m one comment away from telling him to go stay elsewhere.

So do you consider using those items that way a waste of food?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM
11 moms liked this
No, not if you are actually consuming it. Educate him on the correct use of the term
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I’d tell him to go waste money on a hotel. I just can’t deal with people like that. I’m mean and have no patience, lol.

None of those things are a waste.
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM
Maybe he was poor growing up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM
4 moms liked this
He is an idiot. Wasting food is throwing it in the trash or making to much and no one eats it.
NotACatfish
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
No. My guess though is that he grew up very poor and hearing those things all the time that it’s just ingrained into him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM
Right?

I don’t get it, my friend mentioned something about growing up poor as s kid, idk if it’s from that or what? But we’re certainly not poor.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’d tell him to go waste money on a hotel. I just can’t deal with people like that. I’m mean and have no patience, lol.

None of those things are a waste.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

If you eat those things it isn't a waste. Now making a bunch of stuff and throwing it away without eating it or barely eating it- that is a waste. Furthermore, I wouldn't let someone stay in my house if they felt the need to be critical of how I do things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM
He was, still doesn’t make sense that it’s a waste when you’re eating it.

Quoting DezarooMama: Maybe he was poor growing up.
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:26 AM
No and he’s not buying it so who cares what his family does. I would honestly tell my friend to tell him to keep his comments to himself because it’s rude. It’s not a waste.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:26 AM
I would tell him that it is only waste if the food isn't being eaten and if he doesn't knock it off he will need to get a hotel room.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)