Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You don't have school today

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:56 PM
  • 2 Replies

I come downstairs in the morning and my 7 and 6 year old sons and four year old daughter are eating breakfast. I knew they were awake, I was going to let them sleep in, but had heard them get up. My six year old says "I wish we could have chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast." I said "you should have waited before getting your own breakfast and I would have made them for you." He says "no, we have to go soon." At first in my head I was like go where? Then I notice that their backpacks are by the front door. I said "you do know there isn't school today right?"

They were like what are you talking about, yes there is school. I said no, it's Martin Luther King Day, no school. They were laughing so hard and kept saying "What!? Are you serious!?" They said they knew it was Martin Luther King Day (at least the older two did), but didn't know they got out of school and preschool for that. I said "why do you think I let you stay up late last night?" They said they thought I was just being nice. I swear I told them. 

I made them chocolate chip pancakes for lunch.

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Anyone elses kids ever get confused about days off?

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:17 PM

Yes.

Quoting Olioxenfree:

Anyone elses kids ever get confused about days off?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)