Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is a bad day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I am not suicidal.

It is just a day that I don't care. Don't care if someone murders me. Feels like no one would care. Feels like I want to take risks. Not health. Just like walking through a bad area at night. Gambling, etc.

I had a miscarriage recently and although things have gotten better I still have days like today. Not as often but still. Anxiety triggers it. DH and I were fighting, anxiety went up and now this is how I feel.

No I will not see a doctor. When I wanted to see one before to talk about anxiety every single one I called without fail talking about doping me up with meds before my first appointment, before I was ever seen. Like I could walk right in and they'd hand me pills. No one to actually talk to. Just people wanting to hand me a script and tell me to go away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:52 PM
Sorry
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:55 PM
You need a behavioral therapist. Doctors usually do prescribe meds. I do a lot of meditation for my anxiety. Yoga.
I'm sorry about the miscarriage. I hope it gets better for you.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:56 PM
I find it hard to believe you're handed pills without an appointment.

Look into supplements. They work!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:57 PM

I never went. But when I talked to them on the phone, they all said they'd give me a script on my first appointment. Every single one. It felt like they were saying come in, we'll give you pills, then go away.

Quoting redneckmama4: I find it hard to believe you're handed pills without an appointment. Look into supplements. They work!

Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM

So sorry...You need someone to talk to do you have any family or close friends? Can't you talk to your husband? Your feelings matter and keeping everything bottled up inside is not good.  While I can understand you don't want to be handed pills or doped up you still need help.  I hope things will get better for you....take one day at a time that is all you can do.  Have you tried a support group with others who have been through miscarriage- my heart goes out to you.....hugs

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:01 PM
Although I was at an appointment, my old doctor was ready to put me on antidepressants five minutes in to said appointment. I needed thyroid meds, not antidepressants. Thank God I declined because, apparently, antidepressants make thyroid issues way worse.

Quoting redneckmama4: I find it hard to believe you're handed pills without an appointment.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:02 PM
But you wouldn't have to take the prescription or tell the doc you would rather use cognitive therapy.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I never went. But when I talked to them on the phone, they all said they'd give me a script on my first appointment. Every single one. It felt like they were saying come in, we'll give you pills, then go away.

Quoting redneckmama4: I find it hard to believe you're handed pills without an appointment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:03 PM
Are you bipolar?
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:04 PM
While doctors have the knowledge to help us, we also have control over our health and what we do.

Glad you got things figured out and feel better!

Quoting Momtoone07: Although I was at an appointment, my old doctor was ready to put me on antidepressants five minutes in to said appointment. I needed thyroid meds, not antidepressants. Thank God I declined because, apparently, antidepressants make thyroid issues way worse.

LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:05 PM
I completely understand why you wouldn't want to be drugged up! It's ridiculous how eager some doctors are to write prescriptions. Have you considered therapy? Are there friends or family members you can talk to?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)