Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Late period while breastfeeding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My baby is 5 months old. I am exclusively breastfeeding except at nite. After she was born I bled for a month and a half. Then Oct 14 light flow. Next day brown spotting. Then Oct 31 brown spotting. Nov 1 pink spotting then nothing next day. Then Dec 12 13 14 medium flow with Dec 15 brown spotting. No bleeding yet as of this month. 2 negative pregnancy tests. I'm peeing more this month. Even waking up in the nite to pee. Wondering what this could be. If last month was my period then this month I'm 7 days late. I'm confused.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
princessmara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:02 PM
When breast feeding your cycle can be regular, irregular, or non existent. All 3 are completely normal. If you suspect pregnancy go see your doctor.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Periods can take months to regulate
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:03 PM

i'm assuming you had sex although your list didn't state it ... can always go ask for a blood test from the dr

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:25 PM
Yes we have sex.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

i'm assuming you had sex although your list didn't state it ... can always go ask for a blood test from the dr

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:56 PM
True, your period is often irregular while you’re breastfeeding. It’s why I got pregnant when my baby was 9 months old. I had been somewhat regular for a few months. We didn’t think twice of having sex when we conceived since my period was supposed to be due at any time. Well, it turns out that instead of getting ready to have a period, I was actually ovulating later than I expected. I’m due next month.

You’re probably not pregnant now. It’s likely your body hasn’t gone back to normal. Your body will probably trick you a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)