Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here live in Idaho?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
How do you like it?

My family is considering relocating...we live in San Francisco and it’s just too much for us now. It used to be a great city but it’s just not for us anymore. We’re looking for a change of pace.

We’ve had our eye on Idaho for a while. We like it because it’s conservative, educated, clean, and has an abundance of recreational activities.
I know it’s a lot of Mormons there but I love Mormons- they make great neighbors!

So idahoans, tell me what it’s like.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:22 PM
My mom and one of my best friends grew up there. I've been there a few times. Nice place.
5BHaileyMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:24 PM
I live in Ketchum. I have been here for 12 years and I LOVE it. I only know a handful of Mormons and they are very nice. It’s a great place to live, raise kids, and enjoy life.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:25 PM
I moved here from L.A.

It is conservative, it can border on looney, but the people over all are nice. If you brake down on the side of the road at least 4 people will stop to see if you need help. It’s not uncommon to be driving along and a total stranger will wave.

It does not have 4 season. It’s winter and summer, although the last two years have been way out of character. Depending on where you go will determine the level of activities for kids, but you can’t knoch the great outdoors. It’s truly beautiful here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:25 PM
If your white, Republican, gun living and Christian you will do GREAT there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:28 PM
It’s terrible. Don’t move here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:34 PM
So what would you say a typical April day would feel like?

Quoting luckysevenwow: I moved here from L.A.

It is conservative, it can border on looney, but the people over all are nice. If you brake down on the side of the road at least 4 people will stop to see if you need help. It’s not uncommon to be driving along and a total stranger will wave.

It does not have 4 season. It’s winter and summer, although the last two years have been way out of character. Depending on where you go will determine the level of activities for kids, but you can’t knoch the great outdoors. It’s truly beautiful here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:34 PM
Whats bad about it?

Quoting Anonymous 3: It’s terrible. Don’t move here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:35 PM
It seems like alot of people want to move there lately.
soonergirl980
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:35 PM
My husband is from there but we haven’t lived there in years. It’s crazy how much the Boise area has grown in the last 15ish years. A lot of people there are California transplants.
Joyzap2003
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:37 PM
I live in Twin Falls and I hate it here. I grew up close to the mountains in Utah and I hate how flat this part If Idaho is. If I could I would move to Hailey, Ketchum, McCall or Riggins.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)