Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So much for a better year.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Only 15 days in and the year is off to a crap start. After working with my landlord and it seeming like everything is fine, he's changed his mind and wants us out before march. My van blew a tire and the spare isn't worth a whole lot. My worthless ex is determined to set the kids back again. And my heater is screwed up, causing it to work double and cost double. Plus with these artic tempatures both dh and I are not working tomorrow (he's a scaffold builder and I work at the school). So short checks again.

I'm finding it hard to pull myself out of the mood. I can usually see the positive. But I see nothing but darkness right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:18 PM
If you lived near me I'd send dh to work on your heater. I can sympathize with low checks. I'm a sahm and dh has 12 hours of work the rest of the month.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:18 PM
I'm sorry. For what it's worth mine has been hellish too. I just keep telling myself that the year has barely started and there s plenty of time to turn things around. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:20 PM
I hope things turn around for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:23 PM
Thank you. Rentals are few a far between around here so I'm hoping the one we are applying for comes through. Idk what we will do if it doesn't. Hoping our tax return is enough to move and pay off this hellish electric bill we are going to have by then.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If you lived near me I'd send dh to work on your heater. I can sympathize with low checks. I'm a sahm and dh has 12 hours of work the rest of the month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:25 PM
That's what I'm trying to do. But honestly I know I'm in a bad place. My motivation is gone. I see so much I should be doing right now, and usually cleaning helps me feel better. But I just keep finding myself sitting back down and zoning out in thought of everything. I'm trying to keep the strong happy face on for the kids, but it's getting harder the more that piles on.

Quoting shadow_lark: I'm sorry. For what it's worth mine has been hellish too. I just keep telling myself that the year has barely started and there s plenty of time to turn things around. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:26 PM
Thank you. I'm hoping. I can't take much more bad.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I hope things turn around for you.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:27 PM
Yeah, it does get harder. I find it is a little more manageable if I make a plan and do things one at a time. Do what I can and let the rest go until I can deal with them

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what I'm trying to do. But honestly I know I'm in a bad place. My motivation is gone. I see so much I should be doing right now, and usually cleaning helps me feel better. But I just keep finding myself sitting back down and zoning out in thought of everything. I'm trying to keep the strong happy face on for the kids, but it's getting harder the more that piles on.

Quoting shadow_lark: I'm sorry. For what it's worth mine has been hellish too. I just keep telling myself that the year has barely started and there s plenty of time to turn things around. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:28 PM
Our bill is ridiculous in the summer even with doing everything we can to conserve

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. Rentals are few a far between around here so I'm hoping the one we are applying for comes through. Idk what we will do if it doesn't. Hoping our tax return is enough to move and pay off this hellish electric bill we are going to have by then.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If you lived near me I'd send dh to work on your heater. I can sympathize with low checks. I'm a sahm and dh has 12 hours of work the rest of the month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM
I'm sorry.2018 is already feeling blah to me,just doesn't seem like it will be my year lol.Why does your landlord want you out? Gl
tklrcl2014
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:36 PM

Do you have a lease? If so your landlord has to abide by it and can't just change the date. Tenant laws, look them up in your state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)