Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First foods

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:50 PM
  • 26 Replies

We started my youngest on solids about a month ago when he turned six months. We have given him a new food every four days since then. So far he has had avocado, butternut squash, rice porridge, carrots, and green beans. My older three are all lactose intolerant, as am I, and take lactaid, so nothing dairy for a while. We are thinking of trying a little fish next. I just think it's a lot of fun introducing new foods when they are babies. Two of my older kids has carrots first and one had avocado. What were your kid's first foods?

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:56 PM
I just wasn’t that systematic...we fed them what we ate starting around four months or so depending on their ability.
JustKeepsmoving
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Rice cereal I think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:58 PM
I didn't put that much...er...effort into that.

If we were eating something they could hsvee we gave it to them.
Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:58 PM

I've always heard to introduce one whole food at a time with a couple days in between, so if there is an allergy it is easy to pin down what it is. 

Quoting Dzyre1115: I just wasn’t that systematic...we fed them what we ate starting around four months or so depending on their ability.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:59 PM
My kids all ate what we ate when they started food. I have never introduced foods in any kind of order or with any limitations (aside from honey before age one didn’t happen). I can’t remeber my older kids first meal, but my youngest first bites of food were at a restaurant and she had meatloaf, green beans and mashed potatoes. She had just turned 6 months old that day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:00 PM
I’ve nver heard that nor done that. We have 6 kids 24, 22, 18, 14, 7, and 3. Only one with allergies to food and it was super easy to figure out what the foods were.

Quoting Olioxenfree:

I've always heard to introduce one whole food at a time with a couple days in between, so if there is an allergy it is easy to pin down what it is. 

Quoting Dzyre1115: I just wasn’t that systematic...we fed them what we ate starting around four months or so depending on their ability.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:05 PM
I introduced one at s time with two days in between. But I only did the 1st stage foods that way. Once, I made it through the common veggies and fruits I started giving other foods and didn’t wait between new ones if there want a reaction to the common ones. He’s eating table foods now and I’d never make it through new foods if I did that now. He eats what we’re having now.

ODS had rice or oat cereal
YDS had an orange veggies. Can’t remember which.
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:09 PM
My son’s first food was watermelon.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:49 PM
We do baby led solids. They eat what we eat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:52 PM

Peas were the first food here, then avocado, bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)