Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever been on a cruise?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
I'm wanting to do a mother/daughter cruise (DD is 27) and need your best advice, for making it cheap yet fun.
Also I want to leave from a Jacksonville port, destination requirement is someplace fun and just want this to be budget friendly.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:41 AM
Would love to one day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:44 AM
Only if I decide that I'd like to get deathly ill from a fast spreading gastrointestinal virus will I board a cruise ship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:45 AM
Get on the cruise line you want or travel company email list so you get word on when sales are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:48 AM
Whoa! Uhhh. What do you mean? I'm good sensitive, I look at a steak wrong and I get ill.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Only if I decide that I'd like to get deathly ill from a fast spreading gastrointestinal virus will I board a cruise ship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:48 AM
What are the better lines to go with?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Get on the cruise line you want or travel company email list so you get word on when sales are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:51 AM
Cruise ships are notorious for getting folks ill! Have you not seen or read about it?

https://www.webmd.com/women/features/sailing-into-sickness#1

Quoting Anonymous 1: Whoa! Uhhh. What do you mean? I'm good sensitive, I look at a steak wrong and I get ill.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Only if I decide that I'd like to get deathly ill from a fast spreading gastrointestinal virus will I board a cruise ship.
cellomom26
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:54 AM
I highly recommend Royal Caribbean. I have cruised several times from Seattle to Alaska, and loved it. Having an inside cabin saves money and makes it so easy to get a great night's sleep.

There will be lines at the buffet, but you can eat in the main dining room to avoid this. There is live music everywhere, plenty of activities for everyone to enjoy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:55 AM
Not in years. Went on a royal Caribbean cruise out of Florida... didn’t get sick, had fun, but didn’t care much for the Bahamas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:02 AM
Besides cruise line also look at the ship. It really depends on what activities you're into. I wouldn't do Holland.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What are the better lines to go with?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Get on the cruise line you want or travel company email list so you get word on when sales are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:32 AM
Yes several. Always to Mexico. From California. Cheap and fun. Never been sick or had anything weird happen. I've been with friends and with the kids and with my 75 year old aunt's. All good times. But it's cheap and easy driving to Port and not going all that far. Pick one and just go. You'll have fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)