Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom is being impossible...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

This is more of a vent and just to get it off my chest. 

This vent involves my 2 adult children and my Mom.  My 2 adult children have dogs and my mom has a dog.  My son's dog is part pitbull, my daughter's dog is a Corgi and my mom's dog is a 7 lb Pomeranian. 

Here is the issue.  My Mom told me that she refuses to bring her dog around my son's dog because it is part pitbull and it will attack her dog because of it being that breed.  She will not bring her dog around my daughter's dog because it is new to our family and feels the dog will attack her dog.  What in the actual F**K???  Mind you my mother's dog bit me twice and I was told that I was mean for not wanting anything to do with the dog when I am at her house. When her dog bit me I was sitting down not even interacting with it. 

I just get aggravated with her and just ended up telling her she can feel the way she feels but I am not going to deny my kids and their dogs coming to my house to visit when she comes in from out of town.  I ended up telling her that she will be the one losing out because of her being the way she is.  My son's dog is a sweetheart and my daughter's dog is sweet also. 

Thanks for reading. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:20 PM

BUMP!

lily99300
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:20 PM

I'd tell my mom to stay home with her dog then.  She doesn't get to dictate what happens in my home.

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i would tell her, that's ok. your dog is not welcome in my home since it has bit before. my  kid's dogs have never bit and are welcome here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:21 PM
Your mom is lonely.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do their dogs need to be together in the first place?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM

She is?  She is impossible. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your mom is lonely.

enchantress7777
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

this is all weird. tell your mom to board her dog when she visits and I don't understand why people who live in town bring their dogs everywhere with them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:24 PM

My daughter and son live locally.  My mom lives in another state but visits us often.  My mom wants me to ban my kids dogs from coming to my house when her, my dad and her dog are here visiting. 

My kids dogs are awesome and I love them.  I can not stand my mom's dog but I tolerate it coming because I want to see my mom. 

Quoting K3412: Why do their dogs need to be together in the first place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:24 PM
Taking in a nasty little dog and treating better than your kids and grandkids is a sign of loneliness.

Maybe she’s lonely BECAUSE she’s impossible.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

She is?  She is impossible. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your mom is lonely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 1:25 PM

That is fine.  I love seeing my kids dogs with them.  They are welcome here. 

My mom will not board her dog because she is afraid the dog will feel abandoned.  Seriously she is crazy at times. 

Quoting enchantress7777:

this is all weird. tell your mom to board her dog when she visits and I don't understand why people who live in town bring their dogs everywhere with them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)