Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My patience is at an end.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I sold a car to my friend. I needed the money, she needed a car. I agreed to let her do payments and we put it in a contract.

I'm tired of dealing with it. I'm tempted to send her an email stating that she can 1) start making real effort to pay on the car and get caught up, 2) return the car, or 3) it can go to court and I can repossess the car.

I don't want to take her only vehicle, but at this point I'm tired of the whole thing. It's been almost a year and she has only made two months of payments.

Am I being unreasonable?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

ONLY two months in payments the whole year?! Yeah...no...that's not going to work. Either she pays or you take the car. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

People just do not learn.  These things always go badly.

maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, start with the e-mail, if she doesn't start making a real effort on payments after that, I'd tell her that I will have no choice but to go to court. Friend or not, you have a contact.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:27 PM

Sounds like a case for Judge Judy!  All this time your car is losing value, she is using it for free, think about that.

No, of course you aren't being unreasonable.

mjande4
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have already either collected the car or taken her to court.  I would demand she pays you in full or take her to small claims court.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:30 PM
We've been loaning money back and forth for years. Otherwise I would have NEVER agreed to allow this. She's never not paid me back before.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

People just do not learn.  These things always go badly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:31 PM
I know. That's part of the reason I got so irritated with it.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Sounds like a case for Judge Judy!  All this time your car is losing value, she is using it for free, think about that.

No, of course you aren't being unreasonable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:32 PM
Do you still hold the title?

I'd give her a deadline, maybe the first of the month to make another payment, then repossess the car if she fails to pay. Let her know that if she misses another payment, you'll be taking the car back, no more exceptions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:33 PM

I'd repo it. I highly doubt she's going to turn around and pay you now after all the bs she has already pulled. 

No, you're being smart. Get or money or get your car back by any means necessary and never speak to the leech again. If it's still in your name I'd take the spare keys and take it but I'm a huge bitch, lol. 

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:34 PM
Friends and money just don't mix.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)