Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The plague has invaded my house... Ugh!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:07 PM
  • 30 Replies
3 of 5 have had the stomach bug. Started with the baby last Thursday. Was starting to think we were in the clear and no one else was going to get it. Then dh puked last night. Then 30 minutes ago the 3 year old puked all over the hallway directly in front of the bathroom door. Thanking my lucky stars I had a 4lb box of baking soda in the pantry to put on it to soak up the liquid so I can vacuum up in a day or two. Thankfully it seems to be a short lived bug. So far no one has puked more than twice each and seems better within 12 hours. Just ugh.
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanasue31204
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:37 PM
We’ve had multiple things run through our house lately. Ear infections, bronchitis, sinus infections, pink eye, strep throat and my husband had head to toe hives that we aren’t sure of the cause. Feel like we are the walking plague. Finally have all 7 of us on medicine so hoping we finally get rid of all the crud.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:39 PM

All I can get from this is youre leaving puke on the floor. Thats just nasty. 

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:40 PM
This is the first time anyone has been sick in the last 6 months. Closer to a year for my oldest, myself and dh.

Quoting nanasue31204: We’ve had multiple things run through our house lately. Ear infections, bronchitis, sinus infections, pink eye, strep throat and my husband had head to toe hives that we aren’t sure of the cause. Feel like we are the walking plague. Finally have all 7 of us on medicine so hoping we finally get rid of all the crud.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:40 PM
You plan to leave vomit on your floor for a day or two? Did I read that right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:42 PM
Say what about the vomit?
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:42 PM
Knocking on wood, hard, but so far this season no one has gotten sick.

Hope everyone feels better!
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:43 PM

Leaving 4lbs of gross pukey baking soda on the floor is making me a little.. well,.. queasy. 

I hope you get to cleaning it up before someone falls on it and breaks a leg. 

nanasue31204
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:43 PM
Yeah we don’t get sick very often but when we do we do it big lol!

Quoting AjsMom0508: This is the first time anyone has been sick in the last 6 months. Closer to a year for my oldest, myself and dh.

Quoting nanasue31204: We’ve had multiple things run through our house lately. Ear infections, bronchitis, sinus infections, pink eye, strep throat and my husband had head to toe hives that we aren’t sure of the cause. Feel like we are the walking plague. Finally have all 7 of us on medicine so hoping we finally get rid of all the crud.
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:43 PM
Actually no I cleaned up what few chunks there were. It was mostly liquid. Best way to get smell, stain and liquid from vomit out of the carpet is to dump baking soda on it, let it dry and then vacuum it up with the shop vac. A trick I learned many, many years ago when my parents boxer (bless his heart) decided to eat all the cat poop out of the litter box after knocking over the gate and then puked a dinner size plate of poop smelling vomit in the corner of the living room. It killed the smell, removed the stain and was easy to clean up.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

All I can get from this is youre leaving puke on the floor. Thats just nasty. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:44 PM
This? Just leaving vomit on the floor for days?

Quoting Anonymous 2: You plan to leave vomit on your floor for a day or two? Did I read that right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)