Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well s***....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies

so dh and I have been ttc since last July. no big deal. so before we go do anything, like drink or get a piercing or tattoo I take a pregnancy test. got a "constellation" piercing which is where the piercier looks at the anatomy of your ear and finds what piercings look best and I got a tattoo on the back of my neck a couple days later. so I took a test before the piercing and there wasnt even a faint line, it was just a negative. Now I had an OB appointment yesterday and the nurse did a pregnancy test, they always do and it came up positive. immediately the ob did an ultrasound and I'm around 7 weeks....how didn't it show up last week? I even showed her the picture of the test I sent dh before my piercing appointment....

I'm so confused...my skin gets really dry when I'm pregnant...I really hope my tattoo doesn't get screwy, I already got it in a dried henna color (which looks pretty close to my freckles)so if it gets messed up it'll just completely fall out and lines will be missing.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:04 PM
Congrats?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:04 PM

thanks

Quoting Fat.Bottom.Girl: Congrats?

SamG2654
by Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:05 PM
I don’t test positive until I’m at least 6 weeks pregnant. If I test at 5 weeks it shows as negative. I’m not sure what your tattoo artist told you about the aftercare but with mine they said to put vitamin e oil on it. Maybe that can help prevent it from getting too dry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM

my skin reacts badly to anything other than Aveeno for at least 6 months after I get a tattoo. also, I can test at 4 weeks and it shows up usually.

Quoting SamG2654: I don’t test positive until I’m at least 6 weeks pregnant. If I test at 5 weeks it shows as negative. I’m not sure what your tattoo artist told you about the aftercare but with mine they said to put vitamin e oil on it. Maybe that can help prevent it from getting too dry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:09 PM

It will be absolutely fine.  Hell I got a tattoo at 6mo's pregnant it was not an issue.  

Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:09 PM

Well, worse case scenario, could they just fix your tattoo after the pregnancy if some parts are missing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:13 PM

they could but I'll be really uncomfortable and want to hide it. im really picky about how my tattoos look and if pieces fall out I kinda just wanna hide so people cant see it. and I wanna feel pretty this pregnancy, a faded fallen out tattoo will kinda just kill that.

I'm the same way with my hair too oddly enough, if it's not the way I like it I will get depressed for lack of a better word and not want to go out and do anything. it's issues with body dysmorphia.

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Well, worse case scenario, could they just fix your tattoo after the pregnancy if some parts are missing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You could always abort so your tattoo doesn’t get messed up🙄
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:15 PM

because thats exactly what I was pointing towards *rolls eyes*

Quoting Anonymous 3: You could always abort so your tattoo doesn’t get messed up🙄

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:17 PM
Well shit. You are sitting here bitching and moaning about a stupid tattoo. Do you thing it’s going to change anything?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

because thats exactly what I was pointing towards *rolls eyes*

Quoting Anonymous 3: You could always abort so your tattoo doesn’t get messed up🙄

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)