Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No. That is NOT how this works MIL.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
So MIL is living on our couch for the foreseeable future. At least till the weather is warm again. Her and I have already had it out more than once but we can't just put her out in subzero temps.

Anyway

Yesterday she comes in the house from running errands m and my teen step sons are playing a video game. She immediately takes her coat off and tells me "I'm ready to watch my cowboy picture now, can you turn it on" (she doesn't know how to work our tv or firestick.) I'm like well the boys are playing a game right now. And she glosses over it and repeats the same sentence while walking over to the tv attempting to kind of make the boys get up.

I lost it. Sorry but I did. I basically was like this is their house too, I pay these bills (she pays 0 bills and has no income) and they're using the tv right now. I won't have the kids treated like 2nd class citizens and uncomfortable in their own home.

So dh comes home from work and she starts in on him about how I'm rude and mean and won't "turn on the tv for her"

It's gonna be a long winter
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM

I'd find somewhere else for her to go. You don't have to kick her to the curb but she needs to gtfo. I would die, lol. Or kill her. 

Homeless shelter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how my Mom is. She thinks everyone should drop everything for her. Entitlement is disgusting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:16 PM
What did your husband say? She could easily watch her programs at the end of the day when the kids are in bed or while they are in school.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:18 PM
Nope, she doesn't get a say. No one runs my house but me, husband just gets to agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh absolutely he did. He told her the same thing. Basically she's living on our generosity right now. We're providing everything from food to household products etc. He flat out told her mama I love you but this isn't your house you need to sit down somewhere and slow your roll.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Did your dh stand up for you?
onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:20 PM

Can you DVR it for her? DH needs to have a conversation with her about respect and gratitude. I feel bad for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:21 PM
He told her the same thing. Basically she's living on our generosity right now. We're providing everything from food to household products etc. He flat out told her mama I love you but this isn't your house you need to sit down somewhere and slow your roll.

She can watch them ANYTIME. She repeatedly watches those old 50's western shows. Theyre on firestick and Netflix and YouTube.

Quoting Anonymous 5: What did your husband say? She could easily watch her programs at the end of the day when the kids are in bed or while they are in school.
angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:21 PM
People are entitled
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM
With her i think it's because they're kids (Well teens but kids to her) she wouldn't dare do that to me or dh if we were watching tv. But you know how some older ppl can be the whole kids should just do as they're told no matter what type mentality

Quoting Anonymous 4:

That's how my Mom is. She thinks everyone should drop everything for her. Entitlement is disgusting.

EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Can I just say you are great for sticking up for your SSs?

I know it's not the norm for people to like the SM, but I get so tired of people always downing us.

So, go you! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)