Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids can’t see their grandparents anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
Exdh and I split two years ago. I’ve been dating my bf for 11 months. He’s biracial, very light skinned but you can tell he’s not white. My former father-in-law and I have always had a great relationship...until I started dating “that n*****.”

I warned him and my ex that if he kept up with that kind of language our kids would not be allowed to have weekends over there. Ex can take them during his time but I didn’t not want them around that hate speech and I did not want FIL alienating these kids from my bf, who treats them great.

Well, the bigot kept it up and I said enough is enough and now ds and DD can’t spend next weekend over there. Ex isn’t giving me too much trouble over it because he DID tell his father to stop. But the rest of the family won’t stop hounding me and I don’t care.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:21 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't agree with your ex fil talking like that but it's sad your kids have to lose a relationship with their grandparents over your boyfriend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

You have every right to say who your kids can spend time with. Those people sound racist at best. Keep the kids healthy and loved with your new BF.  Stand up to your ex. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:21 PM
That blows.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It’s not over my bf. It’s over that man not being able to keep his racist comments to himself and treating me like a second rate citizen because I’m “getting blacked.”

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't agree with your ex fil talking like that but it's sad your kids have to lose a relationship with their grandparents over your boyfriend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM
My ex isn’t really the problem. I think he thought FIL would shut up. He didn’t. Oh well.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You have every right to say who your kids can spend time with. Those people sound racist at best. Keep the kids healthy and loved with your new BF.  Stand up to your ex. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have my kids around a racist asshole either. Anyone that stuck up for him would get banned too. Have you blocked them yet??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like the it has become the ex's problem. i wouldnt concern yourself with them at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:25 PM
Yep one at a time.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I wouldn't have my kids around a racist asshole either. Anyone that stuck up for him would get banned too. Have you blocked them yet??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:25 PM
3 moms liked this

YOU are part of the problem

she isn't cutting ties with them FOR her boyfriend

but she's PROTECTING her kids from her bigoted, racist grandparents!

sheeeeeeeeeesh!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't agree with your ex fil talking like that but it's sad your kids have to lose a relationship with their grandparents over your boyfriend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:26 PM

There goes free babysitting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)