Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go to their party?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 199 Replies
After my dad left my mom remarried and her husband wasn't out right mean to me but he made it clear my son and I weren't really wanted in their new life.

So I moved out and in with my boyfriend and our son and started my own life.

My mom and her husband had twins, a boy and a girl. They are turning one next month. She wants me to come to their birthday party.

I'm not sure if I should. I have only seen my half sister and brother once. Should I just send a gift? What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:27 PM

I wouldn't if I knew things would be awkward. I'd probably just send a gift card. 

lily99300
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:28 PM
7 moms liked this

Well, how was your mother during this situation?  Did she defend her new DH?  Treat you like shit?  Have you talked to her about the way her DH made you and your son feel?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:28 PM
Just send ๐ŸŽ&๐ŸŽ
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:29 PM

Go. It's water under the bridge & time to put the past behind you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
If your mom didn't even stick up for you, I would probably just send a card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. That would be awkward and not an appropriate place for feelings to come out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:31 PM
My mom looked the other way about the whole thing. She defended him since I think the idea of her starting over completely appealed to her. She figured I was 18 and could move out.

Quoting lily99300:

Well, how was your mother during this situation?  Did she defend her new DH?  Treat you like shit?  Have you talked to her about the way her DH made you and your son feel?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:31 PM
11 moms liked this

I'd just say. "Sorry you didn't want me around before so why do you want me around now. Its not the replacement kids fault but yours... so its going to be very awkward that you didn't want me as part of your life when I needed you and I don't need you now." I'm harsh but I don't think thats ok. Your mother shouldn't have allowed that to happen to you. They are not good people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:34 PM
3 moms liked this

You sound like an entitled brat.  So your mom's new husband did want to take care of her adult daughter who has a child?  Is that right?  So you're pissed off about that?  Time to start adulting.  Sounds to me like you owe your mother and her husband an apology.

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this

no.her mom allowed a man to make her dd feel uncomfortable around her own mom-and mom did nothing..id just say-happy birthday and leave it at that..moms dh treated her dd badly so fuck him..op will never be close to the kids because of this..

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Go. It's water under the bridge & time to put the past behind you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)