Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED Moms who’ve been induced, question for you!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:41 PM
  • 109 Replies
So my favorite cousin in law is in the hospital having her second baby. She was a week over due and they induced her this morning at 7:15. She’s still in labor!!!! I’ve never been induced so I can’t offer her advice (she texted me asking why it’s taking so long lol)

If you were induced, how long did your labor take? I feel so bad for her, she’s just miserable but she had an epidural and she’s comfortable for now.

Update: thanks for sharing your stories! The little squish finally came! Annalise Grace was born at 9:36 pm and is a healthy 7 pounds 6 ounce! As soon as her husband sent me the picture at 10 last night I cried! I’m so happy for them and she’s perfect! Mom is great, she just said she’ll never be induced again lol!
by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:43 PM

I was induced with my first one. I was in labor for 18 hours.  It was slow for a while. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Five hours from first dose of pitocin to baby
Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh lord no lol we won’t share that with her lol

Quoting ReedusStalker:

I was induced with my first one. I was in labor for 18 hours.  It was slow for a while. 

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:44 PM
My sister was in labor for 18 hrs with her first induction and 12 with her second
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:45 PM

I was only 37 weeks

Quoting Madeyemoody: Oh lord no lol we won’t share that with her lol
Quoting ReedusStalker:

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:45 PM
5 hours. I was induced with my third but was already 5cm dilated when I went in for induction (baby was in bad position and I had actually been in on again off again labor for two weeks at that point). My second was my only all natural delivery. I was in labor for a whopping 30 minutes. Didn't even have an IV when she arrived.
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:45 PM

i was induced with my 1st and i was in labor for 48 hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:45 PM
8 hours from the time the doctor broke my water till my baby was born. No pitocin, no epidural. But, I was 6cm to start with.
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:45 PM
I was induced for my first after my water breaking on its own. I was a finger tip dilated and contractions were far and few in between lol. 15 hours later I had my son.
JTROX
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 7:47 PM

I was induced on a Monday morning and didn't have my baby until Tuesday afternoon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)