Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant do it all (vent post)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I am a fairly new stat at home. I stopped working again in October 2017. But im having a hard time getting everything done. I cant keep myself up (appearance wise), get a decent workout in, cook, clean, take care of my daughter. I feel ao overwhelmed and i just dont know what to do. I was never really one of those "dolled up" woman but i feel like i should at least be keeping my hair in order but i cant even manage that most days after the gym. I cant give up the gym because im already considered "morbidly obese" and im trying to get to a healthy place. Home has to be taken care of and i feel that since my husband is our sole provider right now i should be doing that but the house is a disaster zone. My daughter always comes first so there is nothing to be done there. I really just wanted to vent because i have no where else to go where anyone would slightly understand.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:29 PM
What is preventing you from being able to accomplish these things? Were you not doing them when you worked? Do you follow a schedule at all? Exercising, cleaning, cooking and childcare should be manageable in a 40 hour week, but nothing happens instantly. Don’t give up. You’ll figure it out.
StarLight23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:29 PM

How old is your daughter? I think if we knew that, then we could help draw up something to help, like a schedule.

Umi12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:31 PM
Yea how old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:36 PM
How old is your DD and what does a typical day look like for you right now?
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:36 PM
How old is this child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:11 AM
Dd is four. As i was typing out what i typically do in a day you all have helped me come up with a solution to all of my troubles. I kind of do this distracted type of cleaning where i will move one thing and while I'm in that room i find something in there that needs to be moved and by the time I'm done nothing has been accomplished. I could multitask while in the kitchen to clean and cook at the same time. Maybe cut her play dates from every day to 3x a week. I guess just having someone have me look at what i actually do in a day helped just that quick. Thank you.

(I promise this was not a troll post. I really was overwhelmed but it was my fault for poor planning.)
djsmommy13
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:13 AM
I remember my house being spotless with one kid, but with four I feel like I can never keep up. I do work part time too though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:22 AM
How did you get all that stuff done before when you were working?
Southern_Song
by Jo on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:26 AM
Why can't you get up,work out, shower, get dressed and ready then clean the house? I do this everyday with 7 kids. What exactly is preventing you from doing so? Cooking isn't hard nor overly time consuming either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:35 AM

You just need to work on time management skills. I'm not trying to be like "that", but I am a single mom to a toddler and school aged kid, I work 50 hrs a week, kids are happy, I'm a room mom, home is clean, work is good and I cook a lot. Of course I work graveyards to make it all work and survive off of roughly 3-4 hrs of sleep a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)