Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Ok so I was having a discussion with a few of the park moms last weekend. (the kids all get together and play and we just sit and talk. Imo we aren't friends just talk to each other) All I had stated was that I wanted to exercise and get my weight back to normal because I felt over weight.. Now granted I probably should've have clarified I meant for my height. But I heard just yesterday in passing from another mom that some in the group thought I was self involved and shallow. Oh and also I'm inconsiderate to other people who have a hard time losing weight.I understand everyone has their own weight loss path so to speak. I'm not mad or upset. I don't know if I should be. But I'm more confused then anything.. All I was doing was sharing a bit about my personal goals. I did just literally have a baby in Oct. Small vent but not a mad one lol just confused.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Southern_Song
by Jo on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:31 AM
If you're small by nature they are likely jealous. I'm Very small and ONCE mentioned tightening my stomach up and two people literally laughed at me. Said I was a stick and pretty much told me to shut up. The conversation was about body goals. 😒
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to understand society has become a bunch of wimps who look for things to be offended by.

Take this site for instance, the name calling & such is done in the hopes of offending another member.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:33 AM
Insecure mom took that as an insult. In her warped brain You were round about really talking about her weight . Sad but true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:34 AM
The women had asked me how I felt with the new baby and I had just stated I felt overweight and I wanted to lose my weight and go back to pre pregnancy. I've done it before but still it's a worry in the back of my mind. I'm 4"9 btw and I feel like it looks like alot of weight on me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:42 AM
I am not allowed to talk about my body at all. I'm very lucky, the most I have wrong with me is smaller breasts and a pouch (that I can suck in). So I don't. But if we go to a swimming place, your damn right I will wear a bikini.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:46 AM
You didn't do anything wrong. If you are smaller than they are then you're not "allowed" to complain about your body. I have many friends bigger than me and I have learned this the hard way.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:08 AM

Wait, what?  Why?  Huh?  

Quoting Anonymous 3: I am not allowed to talk about my body at all. I'm very lucky, the most I have wrong with me is smaller breasts and a pouch (that I can suck in). So I don't. But if we go to a swimming place, your damn right I will wear a bikini.

Velvetfog
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:10 AM
I don't think most people like to hear that if they're also trying to lose weight and it happens to come from someone at or below what they feel is an ideal size. Kind of like how a poor person probably won't be sympathetic to the money problems of a wealthy person. It doesn't excuse malicious gossip.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:11 AM
I’ve dealt with this all my life. At first I was too skinny, that was obviously mean and rude because I was too skinny. Then I would loose baby weight fast. Again. Mean and rude. Now I’m about 20 pounds heavier than I prefer. However, it’s mean and rude if I want to lose weight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:13 AM
Which parts? Lol!

Quoting corticosteroid:

Wait, what?  Why?  Huh?  

Quoting Anonymous 3: I am not allowed to talk about my body at all. I'm very lucky, the most I have wrong with me is smaller breasts and a pouch (that I can suck in). So I don't. But if we go to a swimming place, your damn right I will wear a bikini.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)