Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my grocery budget!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this
My other post (http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/21792448/I_blew_the_grocery_budget) was pretty popular so I thought I would give you all an update. I made it! Well, technically I overspent by 25.92 but that's after buying 30 worth of stuff I didn't need yet so that I could use a coupon before it expires. I'm going to subtract that overage from next month's budget.

I really didn't think I would be able to pull it off! Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:43 AM
K then
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:44 AM
You wouldn’t have this problem if you did t waste money on shit like chocolate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:47 AM
I broke into my mendiants last night and they were superb!

Quoting Anonymous 3: You wouldn’t have this problem if you did t waste money on shit like chocolate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:54 AM
Go you!!! 👍

I really have to get back on the food budget train. Ive veered off track. Money isnt a real issue for us, but its silly to waste it!!
I accidentally last week spent 20.00 on a small thing of strawberries and grapes. I was horrified to see that!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:59 AM
Realizing you've overspent on something like that is the worst! We have a pretty decent income but without watching what we spend we could easily have nothing left by the end of the month, so I've learned to keep an eye on things.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Go you!!! 👍

I really have to get back on the food budget train. Ive veered off track. Money isnt a real issue for us, but its silly to waste it!!
I accidentally last week spent 20.00 on a small thing of strawberries and grapes. I was horrified to see that!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:02 AM
Yeah... it never even occurred to me til I got home and was like “ that was a fast 40 bucks at the store?” Organic stuff... whoops! I said to kiddo you are EATING ALL THAT! Lol... No problem!!! Was his response.

Financially, we have 20.00 to waste but Ud kuck myself for wasting 80.00 at the end of the month for sure! Thats a cute pair of shoes!! 😂

Quoting Anonymous 1: Realizing you've overspent on something like that is the worst! We have a pretty decent income but without watching what we spend we could easily have nothing left by the end of the month, so I've learned to keep an eye on things.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this
Chocolate is NEVER a waste lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You wouldn’t have this problem if you did t waste money on shit like chocolate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:08 AM
Exactly! Speaking of which I could use a new pair of shoes! 😂

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yeah... it never even occurred to me til I got home and was like “ that was a fast 40 bucks at the store?” Organic stuff... whoops! I said to kiddo you are EATING ALL THAT! Lol... No problem!!! Was his response.

Financially, we have 20.00 to waste but Ud kuck myself for wasting 80.00 at the end of the month for sure! Thats a cute pair of shoes!! 😂

Quoting Anonymous 1: Realizing you've overspent on something like that is the worst! We have a pretty decent income but without watching what we spend we could easily have nothing left by the end of the month, so I've learned to keep an eye on things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:10 AM
THANK you! Some of these ladies must be stark raving mad!

Quoting bleumonster: Chocolate is NEVER a waste lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:10 AM
We spend $60 every 2-3 days for the 4 of us. We only buy fresh whole foods for our meals and then treats for the kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)