Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression is kicking in

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I was recently laid off Dec 9. I’ve been putting in applications still no call. My sons 12th birthday is 2 days away. My rent is due feb 1st. I can’t get a loan being I have no check stubs. I don’t have a spouse. I’ve been crying for about an hour now. I’m never depressed but the depression is totally kicking in now. Moms I need some major encouragement(also i caught a flat tire about 3 days ago) I don’t have A spare and I’m broke. My family lives 30 mins away. The kids and I have been trapped in the house during the snow storm, our supplies are running out. Encouragement needed
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:03 AM
Your family is only 30 minutes away. If you work nights there’s less competition for employment. They are usually always looking for night workers!
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:07 AM

30 minutes is not that far away just ask for help. How about neighbors for close friends. Hate to ask but do you have any credit cards you can use for the spare tire? As much as I am hating it right now if you need a job desperately go to a Temporary agency.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:23 AM
30 min isn’t far, it takes us longer than that to drive to my parents house and we live in the same City.
HHx5
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Yikes that is hard. You are doing all you can. Tackle the flat tire first if you need to. Call someone for help. It always helped me to stay busy because if I sat down, I’d start thinking and thinking too much only made me more depressed. If you don’t need the car then next make a grocery list even if you have no money. Get back on the job hunt but take breaks. Go for a walk even in the snow. Do you have neighbors? Friends from last job? Kids’ friends’ parents? Any job is better than no job. Good luck! Something good will happen.
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 2:05 PM

*hugs* Don't give up! I'm here if you need to vent.

I would like to invite you to join my group if you are suffering with mental illness, know somebody who does, work in the field, or just want to learn more about mental illness. Please join and help me fight stigma. 

¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥
Join Us At Mental Illness Support & Awareness
*******for information, friendship & support********
**********See you there********!
‎(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥ *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119824

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)