Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kinda questions should i ask?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
Tomorrow i met with someone at a local beauty school to enroll in the nail tech program.

The only jobs i have ever done was call centers but due to my health that had become difficult.

With nail tech i can set my own hours and after each client i can stretch etc
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:24 AM
Bump
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:28 AM
Yes but you are exposed to a lot of chemicals doing that type of job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:30 AM
I doubt nail tech will be easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:30 AM
Confused why making you sit til the end of a call makes you feel like the boss was strict? I wouldn't make these complaints about your old job in your interview. Those things seem very reasonable and complaining about them will make you look like you are the problem.
HHx5
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:31 AM
I’d do it if for no other reason than to have a job while I look for something else. I’m not cut out to work for a call center.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:32 AM
Expect a stiff neck doing nails. Unless you’re going to try to get in with a spa, most nail salons are back to back customers. Also, most I’ve been to would not be fun to work at if you don’t speak Vietnamese.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:33 AM
Calls would take an hour or more. Im not stupid and wont be bringing it up. Also this isnt a job interview

Quoting Anonymous 3: Confused why making you sit til the end of a call makes you feel like the boss was strict? I wouldn't make these complaints about your old job in your interview. Those things seem very reasonable and complaining about them will make you look like you are the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a lpt of spas here so that's where I'd want to go.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Expect a stiff neck doing nails. Unless you’re going to try to get in with a spa, most nail salons are back to back customers. Also, most I’ve been to would not be fun to work at if you don’t speak Vietnamese.
Anonymous
What do you suggest then?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I doubt nail tech will be easier.
Anonymous
And?

Quoting MixedCooke: Yes but you are exposed to a lot of chemicals doing that type of job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)