Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's with people these days??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
I legit do not understand people getting up in arms about things that happened on TV shows that ended 20-30 years ago.

For example Saved by the Bell. That ended in the early 90's. And yet people were getting upset because in one episode Zack dressed up an as Indian Chief after finding out he was related to one. Idk why but damn, why the upset over that? It was nearly 30 years ago!

The same with Friends. Friends began in the mid 90's and ended nearly 14 years ago. But now it's on Netflix and people are upset over the homophobia, transphobia, etc they often displayed.

Me? If I think a show is against my personal belief system I do not watch it. For example Family Guy. It's a bit raunchy for me. So I don't watch it. I don't sit there and complain about storylines being offensive to me. Fuck they had one where Quagmire talked about having sex with his daughter! That is disgusting to me but you know what, I understand not everything is always going to revolve around me and not hurting my feelings so I just choose to not watch it.

I don't get why others don't follow suit.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Agreed. People need to get over being butthurt in the name of "social justice."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:52 AM

I don't get it either. I read an article about people crying about stuff on Friends yesterday, lol. I rolled my eyes hard. I just don't care about any of that stuff. No show really bothers me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:54 AM
Being offended is what is popular now. Not to say that there are not instances where it's warranted, but everything has someone up in arms now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM

I choose to be offended by long lines, traffic, and when my drink isn't cold enough. 

But shows that ended long ago. Not so much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM

They should take a long, hard look at television in the 1960's when I was a child. They would need YEARS of therapy!!

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

People just want something to bitch about.

Spare.Time
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:58 AM
3 moms liked this

the ridiculous left, its simple.  they want to rewrite history.  where have you been?  they want to rename universities, town, tear down statues, rewrite the bible (not a big deal overall), change the wording in the constitution, delete names that have a less than stellar reputation, NO OFFENSIVE STUFF ANYWHERE and when they find they get rid of it,  I'm actually surprised that they haven't started on the caveman's partial nudity and how offensive that is

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:58 AM
This. Being offended is the new pink.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Being offended is what is popular now. Not to say that there are not instances where it's warranted, but everything has someone up in arms now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:59 AM
It's like yeah that stuff isn't cool. It's not OK to do some of the things people did in the past but we have also learned from it so let it go.

Quoting Spare.Time:

the ridiculous left, its simple.  they want to rewrite history.  where have you been?  they want to rename universities, town, tear down statues, rewrite the bible (not a big deal overall), change the wording in the constitution, delete names that have a less than stellar reputation, NO OFFENSIVE STUFF ANYWHERE and when they find they get rid of it,  I'm actually surprised that they haven't started on the caveman's partial nudity and how offensive that is

Basherte
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:33 AM

they feel that it's their right to decide what other people watch based on what they like.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)