Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh took ds to the doctor yesterday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
So my almost 15 yr old has adhd and dmdd.

We moved recently. My son is on meds for adhd meds and before we moved he was on meds for his dmdd. It was a mood stabilizer. We'll after we moved i was having trouble finding a decent psychiatrist. The first ds saw i wasn't happy with his services. Well on top of that I also wasn't able to find one that would prescribe the mood stabilizer. He ran out of meds and when he ran out i decided to see how he will do without it. Since a side effect ds was experiencing was weight gain. 14 5'5 170lbs. He was 130 a yr ago.
He's been off since Nov and he has lost about 10lbs. His mood hasn't been to bad but he gets mad easy. Which the meds he was on was to help with his anger. Yesterday dh took him to the doctor, it is therapy and meds appointment in one.. i was supposed to take ds but since i had to be at work at 10, the appointment was at 8:15, i would be pushing it and dh has been off work. Last night dh told me there was meds at the pharmacy for ds anger. I was like huh? I said he isn't on anything for his anger. Dh said i mentioned how he angers easy and they put him on something. I said what is it . He said i can't remember. I named off a few and he said it wasn't any of them. Great. I have to pick it up to find out and i am not giving ds anything until i research it. Dh said this one doesn't cause weight gain.

Personally i don't think ds needs it. He is learning to control his anger with my help without meds.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:56 AM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:57 AM
Your husband is a moron. It's so odd he is clueless about his son's meds and condition.
canna_perks
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:59 AM
Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:01 PM
I dont think he is a moron. It is just i am usually the one dealing with therapy , doc appointments, school meetings, calls ect. It did bother me that he couldn't remember what they put ds on. I like to research any meds my kids are one before i give it to them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your husband is a moron. It's so odd he is clueless about his son's meds and condition.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:05 PM
My ex was. But he was anti medication. I told him what ds was on but i bet he didn't remember.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your husband is a moron. It's so odd he is clueless about his son's meds and condition.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:09 PM
I don’t always remember all of my sons meds, I have them wrote down and if I need them I can pull them up. If they’re new I fill it, and then research it cause I know I won’t remember the name.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:12 PM
Does DS want to try the med? My 14 year-old DD has ADHD and I'm trying to get her to be more involved with her med checks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It might not hurt especially if it's a low dose. As he learns the skills he needs maybe the meds won't be long term. Call the doctor and set up a phone appt to talk with them yourself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:15 PM
I honestly don't know. I didn't even know dh was going to talk to the doctor about those meds.

Quoting mommytoeandb: Does DS want to try the med? My 14 year-old DD has ADHD and I'm trying to get her to be more involved with her med checks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm confused what the problem is. You have a new med to try. Decide if you want to try it. Whats the big deal?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)