Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

his parents despise me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

My current bf(Matty) and I dated in high school. When I was a sophomore, my great grandma wanted me to finish off the high school in Scotland like my mom and uncles, I'm her only great grandchild. Matty and I broke up simply for the fact that he was going to college and I was gonna be an ocean away. Nothing more, but his parents have despised me ever since. I came back to the states at 18, and we didn't talk, he was busy finishing law school and I was starting college. I met my son's father but because I wasn't really over Matty I didn't want to have sex with him yet, he raped me after 3 months. Out of fear I called Matty after I ran because I knew he was closest. He took me to the police station and stayed with me the entire time.

Fast forward to now, I'm almost 26, both Matty and I finished college(ex went to prison) and Matty and I are having a baby. I'm 28 weeks and Matty sent his family an invite to the baby shower my friends are throwing me. His mom called him, he put her on speaker because he was washing dishes and she just ranted about how I'm good for nothing, I couldn't keep my legs closed, he's a lawyer and should choose someone other than complete trash, and then said if I wanted to be with him I shouldn't have broken up with him when I was 15...he got pissed and asked his mom why she's holding a grudge from 10 years ago, it didn't even hurt HIM that I dumped him before leaving. She hung up after going quiet.

idk Matty is ticked off kinda sucks that his parents....or his mom specifically cant get over something that happened 10 years ago...when we were 15 and 18...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband's mother hates me too. Only she has no reason. She hated anyone that he was in a serious relationship with.

I just gave up 'being the bigger person'. Fuck her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this

She should have been worried about why her 18 year old was dating a 15 year old.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:07 PM
They don't like the fact you already have a child with a different man. Doesn't matter the circumstances. Right or wrong they may never get over that. I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:08 PM

yeah, I haven't said anything to her since bf and I started dating again. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My husband's mother hates me too. Only she has no reason. She hated anyone that he was in a serious relationship with.

I just gave up 'being the bigger person'. Fuck her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:09 PM

we went to the same school and liked the same things. not that hard to understand.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

She should have been worried about why her 18 year old was dating a 15 year old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:09 PM

they didn't like me before that.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: They don't like the fact you already have a child with a different man. Doesn't matter the circumstances. Right or wrong they may never get over that. I'm sorry.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:11 PM
Ok...so then? The 2 of you moved on. Who cares about them.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

they didn't like me before that.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: They don't like the fact you already have a child with a different man. Doesn't matter the circumstances. Right or wrong they may never get over that. I'm sorry.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:12 PM
I would have been more pissed at my 18 year old son dating a 15 year old girl. That's disgusting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:13 PM

how? its a 3 year difference... and we went to the same school.....

Quoting bmw29: I would have been more pissed at my 18 year old son dating a 15 year old girl. That's disgusting.

daisy102601
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
MIL and SIL hated me for years. Apparently a black single mom just wasn't good enough for their precious boy. I tried to get along for his sake, but when I was pregnant with our second, I ran out of fucks to give. He made the choice that until they were willing to to treat me better, he wouldn't be seeing them. It took 9 years, but they got the message.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)