Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't do anything about that.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 290 Replies
My ex is not a talker. I'm the only person he has opened up to. We were together for 5 years. We have know each other for 11. He doesn't really talk in front of people he doesn't know. He would barely talk to my brother when we were together.

Dh has a problem with this. Dh thinks there is something going on between us or he's talking shit or something since he will stop talking when dh is around. I told dh i cannot do anything about it. It happened about a week ago, dh scame home, my ex was here and we were talking about putting our kids in dance and i showed him the songs our son likes. Dh walks in, ex got quiet and said he'll talk to me later and left.

I really don't know how to convince dh there is nothing going on and it is just how my ex is.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM
5 moms liked this
He doesn't want another man in his home spending time with you. He's uncomfortable with it. You need to see his side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM

My DH is the same as your ex. I don't really know how to ease your DH's nerves. 

Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell your husband to knock it off. Either he trusts you or not. My husband is like your ex. It takes him forever and a day to speak to someone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:19 PM
That's not the problem at all. He came get the kids and we started talking about putting them in a dance class

Quoting MrsDavidB25: He doesn't want another man in his home spending time with you. He's uncomfortable with it. You need to see his side.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok well keep inviting your ex in even though it upsets your husband 🤷‍♀️

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's not the problem at all. He came get the kids and we started talking about putting them in a dance class

Quoting MrsDavidB25: He doesn't want another man in his home spending time with you. He's uncomfortable with it. You need to see his side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM
He ttusts me but he hates what my ex does. I can't help it. He's always been like that

Quoting Talkingheads: Tell your husband to knock it off. Either he trusts you or not. My husband is like your ex. It takes him forever and a day to speak to someone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:23 PM
Ok it's pretty sad you can't read

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Ok well keep inviting your ex in even though it upsets your husband 🤷‍♀️

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's not the problem at all. He came get the kids and we started talking about putting them in a dance class

Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM
3 moms liked this
If he trusts you then it wouldn't be a problem. This is a dh problem. Not yours or your ex

Quoting Anonymous 1: He ttusts me but he hates what my ex does. I can't help it. He's always been like that

Quoting Talkingheads: Tell your husband to knock it off. Either he trusts you or not. My husband is like your ex. It takes him forever and a day to speak to someone
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM
If he trusts you then it wouldn't be a problem. This is a dh problem. Not yours or your ex

Quoting Anonymous 1: He ttusts me but he hates what my ex does. I can't help it. He's always been like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:25 PM
4 moms liked this
If you are defending your ex over your DH, then your DH has every right to be suspicious of you. This is a *you* problem, not anyone else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)