Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How am I supposed to feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Late last night a bunch of cops were at my door.. Long story short.. Dd12 wrote a friend on instagram that she planned to kill herself today.. He told his mom who contacted the school principal who contacted the police and sent them to my address. I had no idea.

Since last spring she's been in and no it of the psych ward for suicidal thoughts etc. I thought we were finally in the clear... I was getting so relieved and now this.

When it first happened I was a bucket of tears. But this time my reaction was almost robotic.. Like here we go again.. I'm shocked because I had no clue she was feeling this way and it's scary. She planned to jump off the pier near my house and drown herself. She's high functioning autistic... Asked what's wrong she said she feels everyone judges her because she's fat but no one at school is calling her fat or bullying her(she IS obese)...she said she feels judgement..

Basically she can't cope with life! Every time its something different... This time it's everyone thinks I'm fat

I'm just over it. I told her repeatedly how not would destroy me of anything every happened to her I thought she understood but she still had a plan to do it.

Meanwhile I left her in the hospital.. I hope they admit her long term. I feel bad because today I'm going on with my life... I went to my Dr appointment... I went to the gym. I'm prepping dinner and I even registered for next semester's classes... I feel like its almost selfish of me to be thinking of myself.

Her father knows and doesn't give a damn. He hasn't seen her in months.. Texted her once than ignored her.. He knows she's in the hospital because I told him and he said what do you want me to do sucked his teeth and hung up. He lives down the street from the hospital. He basically said he doesn't care of she lives or dies and hung up..he texted me don't bother him or his wife about dd. I'm very angry about that... Had a notion to go to his house and beat the hell out of him but that would do nothing but land me in jail.

I feel weird... I love my daughter but I don't know what to do... I'm not crying about this new information... I'm becoming numb.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:16 PM
Bump
madwifa
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:20 PM
I’m so sorry
When my dad was about 12 I went through something similar thank god she is ok and only had to talk to dr for a short time and we found out a friend of hers kept a saying she was pregnant and adding pressure to my dad.
I surely hope it all works out well for you and your family.
Her father refused as well to come around but changed later
Here’s a huge hug
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:18 PM
Thank you. I hope my dd comes around.

Quoting madwifa: I’m so sorry
When my dad was about 12 I went through something similar thank god she is ok and only had to talk to dr for a short time and we found out a friend of hers kept a saying she was pregnant and adding pressure to my dad.
I surely hope it all works out well for you and your family.
Her father refused as well to come around but changed later
Here’s a huge hug
Mrs.ChuckBass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

been there done that momma, with my sister.

its just fucked, and there really is no help until someone is either dead, or activley attempting suicide

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:28 PM

I'm so sorry.

StonesGirl66
by Alexandra on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:29 PM
You're right.

How are you today btw? I read through your post this morning regarding your sister.

Quoting Mrs.ChuckBass:

been there done that momma, with my sister.

its just fucked, and there really is no help until someone is either dead, or activley attempting suicide

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:29 PM

Her life is about her too. Shut up.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well I'm glad you were able to make everything about you.

StonesGirl66
by Alexandra on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Keeping up with a mentally ill child is exhausting. Their mood can change in the blink of an eye and you are constantly adjusting yourself to deal with their emotional needs. It's beyond tough. It controls every single aspect of your life.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:33 PM

Well, true you don't have to. Do you know her though? 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't have to. She sounds selfish and it's probably her fault her daughter is miserable.
Quoting Lunarprancer:

Her life is about her too. Shut up.

maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Why does she feel like she can't talk to you? & don't feel bad about taking care of yourself. You need to do that to be able to take care of her.

Same thing happened to me as a teen. Posted on the internet about ending it, police came and I was brought to the psych ward in the hospital and spent lots of time there. I ended up being diagnosed with ADD and borderline personality disorder. I'm on meds, stable and have done a lot of it to make it to where I am.

The one thing I remember my mom doing that helped me was her letting me know that she loves me, she visited me whenever it was possible and she kept telling me that it would get better and it did. Her support helped me. You may not know what to say and That's okay but make sure your DD knows you care and that you're in this together. Ask for resources to learn how to deal with the situation. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)