Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate car shopping!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Maybe I should blame it on the fact that when I bought my last car, I didn't look into getting an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive car. My car was inexpensive, fit the family and safer than what I had been driving but now I feel like it's in the shop all the time over stupid stuff. My husband wants us to look into getting a better vehicle for me so that way we're not just down to his truck. My problem? I hate car shopping! Everything I have looked at is either too expensive for our budget or not enough space for our family. I'll take any recommendations for an SUV type vehicle that will hold two teenagers, a little one in elementary school, and two parents. My husband told me not to worry about space because the teenagers will be old enough soon to get their own licenses and won't be around but neither has taken the dive to get into driver's ed. Maybe I'll just try to convince my husband to move where it doesn't snow. laughing

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM
I love car shopping! Any suv with a third row would suit your needs. Most of them can have the third row removed if you don’t want to use it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM
I am glad I'm brand loyal. If I ever update my vehicle, I know exactly what brand and style I'm going for. Maybe go to a dealership that carries many different brands and tell them what your requirements are and your budget and they can help find you something.
mom2twinboyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:30 PM
I love my Nissan Murano it is a crossover SUV. No third row but it means extra leg room in back. Not sure your budget but base is about 30k and they go up to about 44/45k fully loaded. But with rebates etc will be lower. Decent enough room in trunk too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:30 PM

That is a good idea. My husband wants me to narrow it down to 3 car choices and test those out before finally picking one.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I am glad I'm brand loyal. If I ever update my vehicle, I know exactly what brand and style I'm going for. Maybe go to a dealership that carries many different brands and tell them what your requirements are and your budget and they can help find you something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:31 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how is the gas mileage in it? 

Quoting mom2twinboyz: I love my Nissan Murano it is a crossover SUV. No third row but it means extra leg room in back. Not sure your budget but base is about 30k and they go up to about 44/45k fully loaded. But with rebates etc will be lower. Decent enough room in trunk too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:33 PM
When my husband was looking for a rig, a couple of the dealerships would even look online at other dealerships to help out.

I'm always going to pick Volvo, and my husband exclusively drives Nissan's. We both have driven our respective brand for over 20 years.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is a good idea. My husband wants me to narrow it down to 3 car choices and test those out before finally picking one.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I am glad I'm brand loyal. If I ever update my vehicle, I know exactly what brand and style I'm going for. Maybe go to a dealership that carries many different brands and tell them what your requirements are and your budget and they can help find you something.

mom2twinboyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:33 PM
oh it is great!! Im averaging between 22-26 mpg depending on where I'm going. So much better than my pathfinder which seemed to be 16-18 mpg

Quoting Anonymous 1:

If you don't mind me asking, how is the gas mileage in it? 

Quoting mom2twinboyz: I love my Nissan Murano it is a crossover SUV. No third row but it means extra leg room in back. Not sure your budget but base is about 30k and they go up to about 44/45k fully loaded. But with rebates etc will be lower. Decent enough room in trunk too

krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:34 PM

I have a traverse, highly recommend it. I shopped for months. I had a yukon and I wanted to downsize the engine and get bucket seats in the 2nd row. It came down to the highlander and the traverse. When I sat in the highlander i did the wtf! It was like sitting in a car, I hate driving cars. The second and third rows were way too small. 3rd row was useless for anyone who had legs.

I have big kids, 13-21. Last month I had the 6' boy in the third row seat along with 5'8 and 5'3 girls. Then I had the 20 and 21 yo 6' boys in the 2nd row. They fit fine. You can get used decent one for about 25k.

madwifa
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:35 PM
I hate car shopping I have a new car and love it it’s all wheel drive and has been great with the ice and snow now. Yes it is pricey but you pay no matter what one way or another I say test drive and test drive but don’t get suckered in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:35 PM

It will be another year before I trade mine in for a new car.  But I am leaning towards an Audi Sedan.  Our older 2 will both be away at college by then, so we can downsize from the minivan I drive now (we have 4 kids total).

A friend of mine drives the Hyundai Santa Fe and LOVES it.  FIL is loyal to his Santa Fe as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)