Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DON'T F'IN WORRY ABOUT IT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My MIL is about to drive me nuts! She lives next door, and every freaking day she's texting me to let our dog in. The dog doesn't WANT to come in. She's FINE. MIL treats her dogs like people, and is constantly worrying over stupid shit. We don't. This morning, the dog wasn't out 10 mins before MIL was texting me. UGH!

Before anyone asks: We live on a dead end road, our property is mostly fenced in, the dog is old and fixed, she doesn't bark or bother anyone, she just lays in the sun and enjoys being away from our toddler for 5 mins.

Just venting, I guess
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM
Just tell her no and stop telling me that. If she doesn’t I would block her number. I would not be told when to do my routines.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM
5 moms liked this

My condolences LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: My MIL is about to drive me nuts! She lives next door, and every freaking day she's texting me to let our dog in. The dog doesn't WANT to come in. She's FINE. MIL treats her dogs like people, and is constantly worrying over stupid shit. We don't. This morning, the dog wasn't out 10 mins before MIL was texting me. UGH! Before anyone asks: We live on a dead end road, our property is mostly fenced in, the dog is old and fixed, she doesn't bark or bother anyone, she just lays in the sun and enjoys being away from our toddler for 5 mins. Just venting, I guess

PJMM
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this
There's this handy texting block feature. If she asks why you didn't answer the text play dumb. 'I didn't get it. Damn that stupid phone carrier'.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM

I've had neighbors call animal control on my lab. She lays on the front porch enjoying the sun. Doesn't bark, doesn't get up. She just lays there. Animal control laughed when they came to the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM
Tell her to mind her own business or you will be blocking her number.
lily99300
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:34 PM

I would tell MIL to stop texting, that my dog is fine.  I couldn't imagine living next door to MIL.  I'm sorry.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:55 PM

Tell her you will not discuss this with her again. Then delete future texts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM
Is your name Katy?
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:28 PM

We have a neighbor up the road who's dog does the same-the only time he moves is when the mail lady drives by and drops off their mail with a dog biscuit.

You won't believe how many people called the CCSPCA on the dog simply because "he's not leashed"

Didn't realize a dog needed to be leashed to lounge on his own porch.

*And yes the owner is always on the porch with the dog.

Quoting krisnkids:

I've had neighbors call animal control on my lab. She lays on the front porch enjoying the sun. Doesn't bark, doesn't get up. She just lays there. Animal control laughed when they came to the house.

krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:34 PM

I confess, she's out there 90% of the time on her own. I'm in and out doing yard work or housework. As long as she is on my property I don't think anyone has a viable legal complaint.

Quoting Tigress22304:

We have a neighbor up the road who's dog does the same-the only time he moves is when the mail lady drives by and drops off their mail with a dog biscuit.

You won't believe how many people called the CCSPCA on the dog simply because "he's not leashed"

Didn't realize a dog needed to be leashed to lounge on his own porch.

*And yes the owner is always on the porch with the dog.

Quoting krisnkids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)