Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Latest '90s Show to Get Rebooted Is . . .

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:58 PM
  • 24 Replies

The Latest '90s Show to Get Rebooted Is . . . Party of Five!

Apparently, 2018 is the year we'll all become re-obsessed with our favorite '90s franchises. Between the Roseanne reboot and another shot at Sister, Sister, we thought all of our nostalgic series dreams had already come true . . . but then came the news that Party of Five will return to screens sometime soon.

If you're envisioning picking up where the original story — which was like Seventh Heaven meets The Boxcar Children — left off, think again. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Freeform has picked up the series, which will follow a new group of siblings in the wake of their parents' unexpected deportation to Mexico. So don't expect to see Lacey Chabert, Matthew Fox, and the rest of the cast reprise their roles (unless they make cameos) in the reboot!

For original '90s fans and a new generation of teen viewers who are less familiar with Party of Five, Freeform will reportedly begin airing reruns of the series several nights a week leading up to the reboot. Keep your eyes peeled for details, because we're sure to get the scoop on casting news and release dates sometime soon.

Image Source: Everett Collection
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:00 PM
Oh Lord. They have run out of creativity.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:01 PM
So, I won't see Bailey and Sarah get back together and live happily ever after? 😢
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:01 PM
I never watched the original
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:01 PM

Deported to Mexico?  Ugh. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I liked Party of Five but I won't watch a reboot. I will however watch the reruns if they show them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM
I never watched it before.
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

That show was terrible the first time around. A show about teens free from parental restriction, doing whatever they want, sleeping around, buying themselves cars, etc with the insurance, having an emotionally 12 year old oldest brother supposedly "parenting" them, and no one at all being any kind of parent or guardian to the 10 year old and the baby. Like a teen's fantasy or something.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Quoting awelling: So, I won't see Bailey and Sarah get back together and live happily ever after? 😢

I loathed Bailey and Sarah. I liked Neve Campbell, so watched the first year or two I think.

GrayDuck41
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:07 PM
Well that doesn’t sound good !
Yikes!
I never watched it.
My daughter did though.

Quoting susannah2000:

That show was terrible the first time around. A show about teens free from parental restriction, doing whatever they want, sleeping around, buying themselves cars, etc with the insurance, having an emotionally 12 year old oldest brother supposedly "parenting" them, and no one at all being any kind of parent or guardian to the 10 year old and the baby. Like a teen's fantasy or something.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:08 PM
That show got old fast
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)