Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arghhhhhhhhhh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Nothing ever quite works. I was out of work for months. I felt like crap because I wasnt able to help my family (bf, 3 kids) financially. It was all on my bf's shoulders. Now I am working, making ok money and I can help. I feel better about that. But because of my schedule I almost never see any of them. I literally see them all in passing when they are getting home and Im walking out the door. FUCK. I cant win.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM

What about weekends? What days do you all spend together?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:04 PM
We dont. I work weekends. My days off are tues and thurs which are his long days. Hes off weekends. We literally get a couple hrs on sat and sun before I have to leave for work. otherwise, everyone else is asleep or.gone when Im.home.

Quoting cali_gurl:

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:07 PM

Ok now that you have a job is the best time to start applying for a better job. One where the schedule is better.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We dont. I work weekends. My days off are tues and thurs which are his long days. Hes off weekends. We literally get a couple hrs on sat and sun before I have to leave for work. otherwise, everyone else is asleep or.gone when Im.home.
Quoting cali_gurl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:09 PM
Jobs where we live are few and far between. It took me months to find this one. So that doesnt make me feel much better. especially since my choices at this point are look for another job or actually get some time to sleep.

Quoting cali_gurl:

Ok now that you have a job is the best time to start applying for a better job. One where the schedule is better.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We dont. I work weekends. My days off are tues and thurs which are his long days. Hes off weekends. We literally get a couple hrs on sat and sun before I have to leave for work. otherwise, everyone else is asleep or.gone when Im.home.

Quoting cali_gurl:

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:10 PM

Even if you have to drive farther for work it will be better at home and more sleep.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Jobs where we live are few and far between. It took me months to find this one. So that doesnt make me feel much better. especially since my choices at this point are look for another job or actually get some time to sleep.
Quoting cali_gurl:

Quoting cali_gurl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:13 PM
Is bf a volunteer fire fighter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:15 PM
🤣

Quoting Anonymous 2: Is bf a volunteer fire fighter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:37 PM
No. He is an engineer. Why?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Is bf a volunteer fire fighter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:47 PM
bumping this because work is dead
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I’ve been in a place like that. When physically changing your situation isn’t possible, the only thing you can do is change your perspective and outlook. I focused on the positive things we did have and took advantage of the time we had. Our time together became more special and valuable. I learned to find peace and enjoyment out of my time at work, my commute, time making meals, etc. It all became 150 x better when I adjusted my attitude and outlook.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)