Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

life is too hard right now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
This would probably be stupidly long. It's ok to go back and just ignore it. I just need to let it out, out in the real world so I can pretend like I matter.

My sons don't listen to me. I feel like/know that I've failed them and I keep failing them in every aspect. I get why they doesn't listen but it's like why don't you just fucking listen?!

LO's dad is a pos. I wish I could wipe my hands clean of him but the feeling of obligation comes. "He's my child's father, I'm supposed to do whatever possible to help in whatever situation".... though I'm also like fuck that, fuck him, if he wants to die, let him die.... Except it'll crush ds.

My family, I feel like they have all these expectations from me. Do this, do that, this needs done... I'm the only one doing that shit and the resentment is growing... Except for when I'm doing whatever shit bc I know it'll get done and then I won't have to stress so much about it. But then it's like I get home and I'm expected to do more shit. Ds' socks have been on the floor all week now. He has a full crate by the stairs, of his crap that needs to be in his room. Dishes are in random places- old bowls with melted, crusted on foods, cups all over the place. Guess who is the only one who picks them up bc no one else will?! The fucking coffee table keeps getting moved bc that's where everyone eats, instead of at the real table. The blanket for the coffee table needs to be washed, I just haven't gotten around to it yet and I know that'll cause problems bc that means it won't stay hot under the table bc the blanket won't keep the heat in. (It's a japanese table with the heater under it).

My poor niece wants to come over this weekend and I don't want to. I'm supposed to take the kids to some event on Sunday morning but I don't want to do that. She wants to go sledding and I don't want to.

My car door speaker is crackling and I don't have the time or money to fix it. Which sucks bc driving and listening to music is what calms me and I can't do that bc I just get frustrated that my damn speaker is broken. Speaking of my car, I think the plastic part above the tires are breaking bc of the snow/ice that's accumulated and wearing it down. I don't even know how to go about figuring that out.

I've dropped out of my 'fun class'- learning a new language bc of the stress, lack of time to study, my health, home life, outside life, etc. I just couldn't keep up.

I have an endless to do list and it feels like it'll never get done bc they are such huge projects. I'm stressed about that, just stressed about everything and it's taken its toll on my health too.

There's so much more but it's just pointless to write about.

I don't even know where to start to go about 'fixing' my life. I feel like the only way to achieve that is to get the list done but I know that's not it. I feel like it's getting my health together but that's gonna be a long journey and I can't wait around for that.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM

it sounds like the same stuff were all goig through hang in there take some me time and relax

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM
Put yourself on the list. On the top of the list. You are the textbook overwhelmed mom and you have to have time to enjoy fun and relaxing things or you will snap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:53 PM
I know and it makes me sound like this huge whiney bitch ass fucking baby, and I hate myself for it... and it's also like I know most of this is on me. I can say no, I can say shit won't get done unless I get some help.

Right now, I'm between cleaning, laundry and dishes... and I'm sitting here looking at my feet... they are grey, and cracked and so dry.

Ugh. I know I'm rambling at this point and there's no reason for it.

But thank you for reading my post.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

it sounds like the same stuff were all goig through hang in there take some me time and relax

maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:55 PM
You sound like you could really use a break.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:56 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know and it makes me sound like this huge whiney bitch ass fucking baby, and I hate myself for it... and it's also like I know most of this is on me. I can say no, I can say shit won't get done unless I get some help. Right now, I'm between cleaning, laundry and dishes... and I'm sitting here looking at my feet... they are grey, and cracked and so dry. Ugh. I know I'm rambling at this point and there's no reason for it. But thank you for reading my post.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

im feeling like life is overwhelming too now but i learn to accept the fact that it will always be that way. My dh is a whiney baby and cant do anything to help so i work full time plus cook clean and take care of him and the dog (kids are gone  and grown ) thank god

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:56 PM
I've snapped once today.... and broke down and bought myself a bottle of soda. I know that sounds stupid but between my health, promise to stop drinking it- I know I shouldn't drink it.

I think this weekend, I'm turning off my phone, after telling everyone I'm taking those days off. I feel like I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown or heart attack.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Put yourself on the list. On the top of the list. You are the textbook overwhelmed mom and you have to have time to enjoy fun and relaxing things or you will snap.
HHx5
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:57 PM
When I feel like I go shut my self up in my bedroom, watch tv, listen to music, play on my phone or sleep. They can eat cereal for dinner and they better hope I did the laundry. After a day or so of that, I come out of my room and I’m ok. If not, I find lots to do in town or outside. Once I’ve regained my composure, I start giving everybody jobs and if that doesn’t work, I start making life more difficult. No more internet, no more video games, no more phone, no more rides here and there. If everybody does their work then I make a favorite dinner with dessert or we go out to dinner. You have to give yourself time to be alone, relax, and there has to be consequences for disobedience and disrespect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:59 PM
This is why I live in a small house with minimum storage so there's no need for all the extra cap. Dishes stay in the kitchen area or the living room, my ds is 8 and knows when he's done where they go something I started teaching him when he was 15 months.

I clean as I cook every meal and before bed everything is picked up. Laduray is done once a week and gets folded and put away ASAP. We keep just enough clothes to last for 2 weeks, so there's no extra clothing just sitting in the closet and drawers.

Sometimes living with the bare minimum is werid to some people but for me it keeps my stress level down and my house stays clean unlike my friends that have big places and a whole bunch of extra cap.

Sounds like you need to have a talk with your boys and get a back bone and start punishing them for not picking up after themselves. Sometimes it takes some tough love to get our kids or spouses to take us serious.

But what you said at some point all of us go thru all of that plus mom and we deal with it, it's part of being a grown up.

Btw for your speaker you can adjust it to where it doesn't come out that speaker but will come out the others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Like what is wrong with guys (well, some guys, some girls)... it's like they are incapable of doing something- whether it's for themselves, the family, the house, whatever. Is it that hard to put something away? Or- there is a single fork on the tv stand. Why is there a fork on my tv stand?! I'm assuming someone ate something with said fork... so where's the plate or bowl?

Ok, seriously, I'm done now lol I need to finish cleaning before the kids start trampling in here.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know and it makes me sound like this huge whiney bitch ass fucking baby, and I hate myself for it... and it's also like I know most of this is on me. I can say no, I can say shit won't get done unless I get some help.

Right now, I'm between cleaning, laundry and dishes... and I'm sitting here looking at my feet... they are grey, and cracked and so dry.

Ugh. I know I'm rambling at this point and there's no reason for it.

But thank you for reading my post.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

im feeling like life is overwhelming too now but i learn to accept the fact that it will always be that way. My dh is a whiney baby and cant do anything to help so i work full time plus cook clean and take care of him and the dog (kids are gone  and grown ) thank god

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 3:06 PM

Dishes are in random places- old bowls with melted, crusted on foods, cups all over the place.

I just went through this in the past six months. Chances are depression plays a part of your issues. Get checked if not for yourself , do it for your kids. Btw How old are they?

Once i got put on medicine i was able to keep my kitchen clean - That is where you start. Dont let dishes out of your kitchen for any reason.  I also packed up every plate i own and we only eat out of bowls. I know it sounds silly, but i used to think if i had more dishes i would have clean ones. Wrong! I just had more dirty dishes. So i packed half of them away. and only have enough to fill my dish washer.  This works So much better for us.

So after your have seen a dr and done your dishes - relax and realize you have accomplished something.Then take on something else small,  one tiny task at a time.

As for your kids, They will listen, you just need to talk to them where they understand you. Look into their eyes and make them comprehend what your needs are.

mostly STAY STRONG.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)