Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to lie to DH..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies
2 moms liked this
We've been struggling lately since I lost my job. We have enough money for rent, bills,and groceries but no extras and nothing to put into savings. I just got a call today to start a job on Monday and I refused it and won't be telling DH. Why? Because on Monday, I start pre testing to earn my GED. Pre testing lasts M-Th 9am-noon then after pre testing, I'll either take a few classes or go straight to take my GED test depending on how I do on the pre testing. After I receive my GED, I'll be going to college full time and will also go back to work either full or part time. The job I was offered was from 5am-3pm and would clearly interfere with my classes. I've put off my education for SOO long because we've always both needed to work and I couldn't find the space to fit it in my schedule at the time. I'm DONE putting of my education, it'll be worth it in the end. DH knows I'm starting the classes but he doesn't know that I haven't been looking for work or that I turned down a job today, all hell will break loose but I needed to do this for me. Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:48 PM

I see why you did what you did. Good luck with your classes. 

maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:50 PM
6 moms liked this
Yes you are wrong. One lie turns into another lie and so forth. Would you like it if your DH lied to you? At the end of the day you do what you want but there's clearly a problem in your relationship if you feel the need to lie, especially over something so trivial.
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:50 PM

If you are strapped for cash then you should be working to make up the shortfall. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM
Can you get a job in the evenings?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM
Thank you. I wish I had his support but I also understand it's hard for him having all the weight thrown on him.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I see why you did what you did. Good luck with your classes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:53 PM
Hope he doesn't lose his..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I’m not saying turning down the job was wrong, but not being open and honest with your spouse is wrong, in my opinion. I would share things like that so we can make the best decision together. I have my husbands full support and would trust him to help both of us make a good choice for our entire family, including myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
There will never be an ideal time to pursue your education and you will never become more financially stable without education and job skills. It seems your husband does not prioritize education, maybe his and certainly yours. So you have to think longer term and do what is right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:54 PM
I understand and good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:54 PM
He works 4pm-4am and we can't afford childcare. My only option is to work mornings.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Can you get a job in the evenings?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)