Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Countdown to court

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I so wish I could attend this. My ex-husband has a case review hearing next week. This one is a continuation. Last year he tried to get the court to lower his child support payments. The court said no. He tried to tell them he has paid more than I have claimed. The court said prove it. Well his lawyer didn't have that proof with him(ex didn't attend the hearing) so the judge gave him until next week to prove that he has paid the 30k in arrears he owes me in child support.

Unfortunately I cannot attend, work is really busy this time of year due to taxes and the ADA said there was no need for me to attend. I guess I'll wait to hear from them. Or my ex texting me all sorts of degrading messages.

It has taken going on three years to get to this point. I'm hoping that the state will start to put an end to the run around drama.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DakotaHaley
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Sorry to hear your going through this. It can be very frustrating. 

MSMOUSE0519
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:06 PM

I wish they would pull my ex in to court. He is almost $30,000 behind and I get a measely $95 a month. I am supposed to get a $100 a week. But they keep telling me I can't do anything because he is paying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:09 PM

That's ridiculous. Does he have the means to pay more? My ex does, he just refuses to.

Quoting MSMOUSE0519:

I wish they would pull my ex in to court. He is almost $30,000 behind and I get a measely $95 a month. I am supposed to get a $100 a week. But they keep telling me I can't do anything because he is paying.

MSMOUSE0519
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:16 PM

I have no clue. He left when I was 3 months pregnant and has not been seen since. He didn't even show up in DNA court.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That's ridiculous. Does he have the means to pay more? My ex does, he just refuses to.

Quoting MSMOUSE0519:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:21 PM
I couldn't attend before (I was out of the country) and I was allowed to phone in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)