Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You were told NO!!!! Edit to clarify. JFC

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:18 PM
  • 191 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 4 year olds Dr wrote a note saying she cannot go outside because she has bronchitis combined with her severe asthma and fluid on her lungs. I specifically asked her teacher if they were going outside and discussed it with her that DD is too sick, and that if it wasn't possible to keep her inside I would just keep her home. (Read this part carefully, DD was better and cleared by her dr to go back, which is why I discussed this with her teachers before taking her, because he does want her to stay inside at least for a little while longer. She is not contagious)

They had a bunch of 3 and 4 years outside in below freezing temps and most aren't feeling good at this point. (FFS I know it's germs that cause illnesses, but most of these kids are recovering from being sick and their mothers didn't want them outside either, some who were feeling better are feeling sick again)

It looks like if DD continues to get worse through the night I may be taking her to the ER.

I'm so pissed off I'm fuming and listening to her breathe praying she doesn't get any worse.
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:23 PM
9 moms liked this
If she is that sick she has no business being in anyone else’s care. I understand if you have to work but preschool?

No.

Total mom fail.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:24 PM
13 moms liked this

Why was she allowed to go to school?

And you dont get sick from cold weather. You get sick from germs. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:24 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If she is that sick she has no business being in anyone else’s care. I understand if you have to work but preschool?

No.

Total mom fail.
notalice420
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Cold weather doesn't make people sick so it did not cause her classmates to not feel well. 

drsclara88
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:26 PM
I work, and she's fine to go to school. She just can't be outside.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If she is that sick she has no business being in anyone else’s care. I understand if you have to work but preschool?

No.

Total mom fail.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:26 PM
Why did you send her to school if she was that sick?
drsclara88
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm aware of this, but you don't take kids that are just getting over being sick outside.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

notalice420
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If she's still that sick, she shouldn't be at school. 

Why did you talk about how the rest of her classmates are feeling if you know that being outside is unrelated? 

Quoting drsclara88: I'm aware of this, but you don't take kids that are just getting over being sick outside.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM
If she was that sick, why was she at school? Either way, I would contact the teacher and ask how this happened when you were told she wouldn't be outside.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM
11 moms liked this

People with asthma cannot be out in severely cold or extremely hot weather.  It causes airway constriction and asthma attacks.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)